Cheap Fix for a Chair With Broken Cane

Have you ever found a chair with broken cane? Or maybe you have broken one of your own. I found this one at my neighbors on garbage day. I wasn't going to invest any money having the cane repaired, so I figured out the cheapest and easiest way to fix it!
A $.99 roll of jute twine!
Well, first I painted the chair white with DIY chalk paint. http://sunflowerhugs.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-version-of-diy-chalk-paint.html
After it dried, I distressed and waxed and then started weaving the twine through the holes that were there from the cane.
It took a couple of tries to get the spacing right, but eventually I was able to figure out how to create a basket weave look with the twine.
I didn't even use half the roll of twine and I think it came out amazing! It is strong enough for sitting, but I wouldn't recommend standing on it. I am sure it would break just like cane does.
I painted the chair to go with a small desk. Check out my blog for the whole makeover.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Everything Red For Canada Day
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
SunflowerHugs

• Angie

Is the chair strong enough to sit on? I have an old rocking chair that has the same broken cane as yours did.

• Kathy D

I could not do this to an antique chair- you can buy a cheaper pressed seat and use tacks to put it on or cut one out of thin wood that would be used to back a piece of furniture and drill into the new seat a star shape or some other shape with small drill holes.

• Aida rodriguez

Incredible idea. So creative. I must try this!