Elegant Buffet Makeover

Michelle from Dandelion Patina is joining us on our blog today for her very first Country Chic Paint blog post! She used Cobblestone on this stunning hutch to make it fit in better with her beachy, farmhouse decor.
I am so excited to be part of the Country Chic Blogger Squad of 2015. I have been trying out some great paint colors and I have to say I love them so much! I want to share a furniture project I have been working on, but first I would love to give you a brief introduction.
I am Michelle, editor and owner of the blog, Dandelion Patina. Dandelion Patina-transformations for the timeless & trendy home is a DIY, crafts, and home decor blog. It is a place where I can share my little projects and treasures that I find to transform my home on a budget. My hope is that I will be an inspiration to you and that you will follow along this journey with me.
Now, let's get on with this furniture transformation project shall we?
Here is the before
This hutch is massive. I have had it sitting in our basement for well over a year. I found it on Craigslist for $100. It already had been painted. It was a mustard-like faux finish. This was totally not my style, but it had good bones and great details-like a fun little skeleton key for opening the glass doors on the top and the wood doors on the bottom sides.
To start, I wanted to create a more open and airy feel. So, I made the decision to remove the doors on the top. No worries, I have repurposed them into wall art for another space in my home. I loved the details of the doors, but I wanted a better space to display my collections. The doors seemed to hide the objects.
Once the doors were off, I filled in the hardware holes with wood filler and let dry. Once dry, just use a sanding block until smooth. Now is the fun part...transforming the piece with Country Chic Cobblestone. I love beachy farmhouse decor, so I knew this medium tone gray would be perfect to contrast with my white decor pieces.
I have used quite a few different brands of paint to transform furniture. I have to say, I love how Country Chic paint goes on. It is smooth and buttery. It is very easy to apply and I was so pleased that it dried fast! Once I got a first coat one, I was ready to begin the second.
Once the second coat was dry, it was just as easy to seal the paint and get ready to style the hutch.
And here is my finished beachy farmhouse hutch. We now have it in the living room and it is the perfect focal point.
Thank you so much Country Chic for allowing me to participate in the Blogger Squad 2015. I will be back with a few more projects in the future, but in the meantime, please feel free to follow me on the blog as well as on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Just search for Dandelion Patina and you should find me!
Happy painting!

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!