Jonathan Fong
Jonathan Fong
  • Santa Monica, CA

Paint Chip Dog Bed From an Ikea Lack Table

I'm obsessed with Pantone paint chips, so when I was asked by eHow to participate in a design challenge to hack an IKEA Lack table, I decided to make a Pantone (or Panbone) dog bed.
paint chip dog bed from an ikea lack table, crafts, how to, painted furniture, pets animals, repurposing upcycling
I started with the IKEA Lack side table and a 20" diameter sonotube. A sonotube is what they pour concrete into to make columns. It's heavy cardboard and can be cut with a box cutter.
I have a ton of paint chips from color fan decks that I buy on eBay, so I decoupaged them to the legs and apron of the table.
I decoupaged sheets of colored paper (they are actual Pantone color sheets) to the sonotube to make a giant paint chip canopy. Then I screwed the canopy onto the legs on the upside down table to make the bed.
Jonathan Fong