Here's a New Idea on How to Use Those Printed Burlap Sacks!

2-4 Hours

Use them to cover damaged table tops!
I got these 2 drum tables from a neighbor's garbage. Their tops were damaged and I had the idea to adhere a printed burlap sack to the top with good old ole Mod Podge! It covered the damaged tops and gave them a really cute look.
here s a new idea on how to use those printed burlap sacks, decoupage, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
The table tops were the perfect size for the burlap. I only used 1 sack since it was printed on both sides. I painted one table red and one table black.
To add the burlap sack I started by brushing a layer of Mod Podge to the table top. Then I put down the piece of burlap. I made sure the piece was straight because I was able to adjust it while the Mod Podge was still wet. Once the burlap was in position and dried a little, I turned the table over and stapled the burlap to the underside of the table top. Once it was secure I cut off the excess material. The last step was to put another coat of the Mod Podge on top of the burlap and they were rock solid once it dried.
There were a few steps to do this so it was time consuming, but it was not difficult. I was able to make them for very little money because the tables were free and I had gotten the burlap sack for $2 at a garage sale.
Closeup of the red table top.
Closeup of the black table top.
SunflowerHugs

• Joyce Thorne Neel

I think I would glue it just to the very top n place a glass over it.

• Maridiaz1970

Love what you did with the burlap Bbut find table a little too ornate for busy pattern. I would love to try this on plain wooden side table. Thank you for sharing. You are very creative.
    Mariata