The Perfect Border for Your Beds: Defining a Garden's Edge With Stone

$60

This is the garden bed that is against the front of our home and it looks much different than when we moved in a few years ago. To define the line between the GRASS and the GARDEN, we installed (even though there was no 'real' install) inexpensive stone. These stones are a trapezoid shape - about 7 long on one side, about 5 long on the other side. Because of the stones shape, they can be layed in a straight line (by changing the direction with each one) OR on a curve (tight curve or gradual curve) to border a garden. One row high is just enough (that's what I did) or these inexpensive stones can be stacked (staggering the joint) to create a taller garden border or retaining wall. They can also be used to create a firepit. Come see more on my blog NOW: http://www.jennaburger.com/2015/05/the-perfect-border-for-your-beds/
The garden before - only a few weeks ago...
The new garden outlined with inexpensive stones
New stone edge
Because of the stones trapezoid shape, they can be layed in a straight line (by changing the direction with each one) OR on a curve (tight curve or gradual curve) to border a garden.
Our front porch ready for the Spring + Summer!

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Jenna Burger Design

• Tresa McBride Rhode

Where can you purchase these stones?

• Pamela Presley Ferrell

I've tried this before with slightly longer stones that interlock and I still get a lot of shifting and weeds or grass growing between the joints. Any suggestions?
    • Sergio Funes

Just use clear plastic and you will never see grass again;you can buy a roll a Home Depot

• Sherry Bretzinger

I did these same stones and made flower beds and tree ring. All in the last two years. Now every one of those stone are discolored black and dark brown. I've tried pressure cleaning. Oh wow what a mess. The home improvements stores sell a product in a gallon jug of Spray it and Forget it Cleaner. I cannot afford $30.00 some dollars a bottle for this magic potion. Any ideas to bring the stones back to glory days ?

• Ann Eichenberger

Save your pennies for Spray and Forget It. I cleaned 30 year old gravestones and they look better than new.

• Joanie

I like your stones and what you did to your flower beds!!
  • Sarge

Always use landscape fabric before placing anything...