Sherre M
Sherre M
  • Morristown, TN

How to Make an Outdoor Solar Chandelier

Found this brass chandelier at our local restore for $12.00, I cleaned her up & spray painted with rustoleum, oil brushed bronze.
Next step was to get a few mason jar's, I sprayed the inside with blue glass paint, added a few cheap solar lights to the top, then apply some adhesive to the base of each arm & ya got yourself a beautiful addition to your backyard!
We hung our light by extending a piece of wood from our privacy fence.
Looks so pretty at night!
Thought some of ya would enjoy some pictures of our shabby chic backyard!
We simply find inexpensive items we find here & there & make our privacy fence a little artsy!
The yellow fern pot is an old tire painted yellow, I even put a little face on my pine tree!
These are some old shutters I picked up for a dollar, we have one of those ugly utility boxes & this worked great to hide the big green blob!
And of course we had to do something using pallets, so here's a little chair we made into a plant stand!
Thanks y'all for stopping by, come back any time & have a glass of ice tea! Have a great summer!!!

• Elaine Rice

What are the little squares of light you have along your fence?
  • Sharla

How did you make the post base to be able to handle holding the weight of the chandelier?
    • Charitie Drye

It's a 4×4 fence post with an additional piece connected to it. I'm sure they quickcrete it.

• Deana Lewis DalMolin

I have an old brass chandelier hanging from my oak tree and couldn't figure out how to make lights for it. Now I do! Thank you! Your yard is gorgeous! Instead of iced tee I would be drinking lemonade and vodka haha.
  • Debbi Gogola

The lighting fixture I can't wait for the flea market this weekend.keep those ideas flowing!