Paper Towel Roll Art into Bohemian Rustic Peacock

2-3 Hours

Give this upcycled art a try… and see how paper towel roll art gives life to a peacock. Easy explanation; Paint, cut, roll and glue them..
Yes.. I will go into more detail. However, I wrote that sweet sum up to convince you, how easy these paper towel roll art can be. Such beauty in something so insignificant in our every day lives that we (girls 😉 ) have in abundance.
For the breakdown of the Peacock, start by saving some paper towel rolls. You can even use toilet paper rolls, if that doesn’t disgust you.
For the base of the Peacock, I used an old piece of light pressed wood. I painted the wood backing in white and distressed it for a rustic appeal meets Bohemian.
Paint the rolls in shades of turquoise, blue, green, and yellow.
Your going to cut some of them in whole circles, or what will be the feather shape. Just flatten the turquoise rolls down so that you will to be able to cut even widths right off of the edges. They should be similar to a shape of a leaf.
I used about 1/2 an inch for all of the widths of the strips for the paper towel roll art.
To make longer swirls in blue and turquoise, you will need to cut the rolls right up the side. Continue to cut them in the same direction to make long strips. Look at the top left corner of the picture above.
Place your leaf shape (feather) down onto your surface of choice. I glued them with E6000 glue and a dab of hot glue for a quick stick.
Roll or wind your strips of blue and turquoise into circle swirls and hot glue into your feather.
Touch up the outsides with paint.
All of the patterns including the face, I used basic cuttings to create the paper towel roll art into a Peacock. I’d like to give this a try with other birds. What animals do you think this technique would work for?
Visit my website www.viralypcycle.com for more upcycled art.

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Heather Christian Iglesias

• Sheila Turpin

Is there a template for the rolls for the peacock?

• Lynn

What I did was take a screenshot of this peacock and then i'll have somethin to follow by eye. You can also make a grid and square off/out each section, that might make it easier for you to follow. I plan on making it in a miniature version. Good luck with yours.

• Julie Young

Stunning use of something we just usually toss! Well done 😊.. What size board did you use?

• Barb C

This is beautiful. Also loved the suggestion of a mermaid, can picture flowing curls of hair. My question is did you paint all the strips after they were cut? Sounds tedious. Spray paint or with brush?

• Susie

Totally cool! Yes, spray paint, assume before construction? Or, brush on w/ acrylic? Have been saving paper towel rolls for months, and love peacocks. Please do a mermaid and show us! Thx!!

• Carolina

I am totally impressed!! best use of left over toilet rolls. This is beautiful!! you are truly an artist!