Does anyone know where I can find free pallets?

99 PalletsMauriceImogene
+26

I am beginning to make a little private garden in my drive. I have no yard but have a small parking area off my drive, plus another entrance. And of course limited income. I am wanting to make a gate to shut it off from the sidewalk/street, and then a fence on the side to block veiws from the street from that side. Make sense?? Anyway lots of ideas are shown with pallets and I am in Owensboro, Ky but could come 10 -20 miles to pick up. Thanks for listening appreciate any help! Lynda Pictures coming soon.
  • Tracy Shakal
    Tracy Shakal

check craigslist. i just got 20 and they were right down the road.

• Julie Schroer-Wischmeier
    Julie Schroer-Wischmeier

Try paint stores, the paint comes in on pallets

• Shari
    Shari

I also suggest Craigslist. I see them being given away all the time on my local CL. Also, local garden centers, Lowe's, Home Depot and flooring/tile stores will often give surplus pallets away. If you take a ride behind industrial businesses, oftentimes they will stack discarded pallets next to the garbage dumpster (but of course, it is always advisable to check with the business to make sure they don't mind if you take them).

• Judy Snow
    Judy Snow

Not sure in your area, but I have gotten them at our local dump ( transfer station )

• LYNDA
    LYNDA

Yes and no, but it gave me lots of ideas to check into. Thanks at least I have a direction to go now. Thanks guys for all your help. I will send pictures when I finish.

, This is the beginning of my Secret garden I am beginning The pallets will make a gate a walkway and a fence to give me privacy from the close street and lot next door
  • Laura Martin-La Fontsee
    Laura Martin-La Fontsee

Craigslist and the free section of your newspaper, warehouses. Shipping companies.

• Phil
    Phil

Check any local store, Lowes, Home Depot. Just make sure you pick up clean ones, try to get ones with no chemical residue on them

• Robyn Hecht
    Robyn Hecht

If you have a mall near you go to the back shipping/receiving area. They usually stack them up next to dumpsters and are free for the taking.

• Stella
    Stella

Check your local feed store that is where I get mine I live on a farm so I am at the feed store a lot

• Peggy Dodd
    Peggy Dodd

I just got three free from my local grocery store, they have some that they have to return but there are also ones that just get thrown away. The three I got were in really good shape. also someone told me once that lowes will sell you pallets for $20 each but not sure.

• Carole
    Carole

Anywhere where stuff is delivered to them on pallets. Supermarkets, local feed store if you have one, some of the larger greengrocers or farmers markets, large hardware chains and so on. I believe pallets are numbered and are the property of these companies but they have a limited life span. If they are done with them, they might let you take a few.

• Bernice Cannon
    Bernice Cannon

Yes, if you drive through an Industrial Park, typically, there will be a few to a huge pile of pallets/skids back by the dumpster. The Business does not need them but they know the value so they typically just set them out in the given area for anyone to help themselves. The reason I know, I work for a Fortune 500 Co that is in the Transportation business of packages and we receive shipments on pallets but we don't use them after they come to us so we lay them out by the dumpster. I hope this helps.

• Rhonda
    Rhonda

Our local newspaper gives them away for free.

• Pamela Rose
    Pamela Rose

I always check out craigslist but you have to be ready to go and get them right away.

• Anna
    Anna

My local newspaper gives them away, practically begs you to take them. And don't take pallets from Home Depot. They are not for the taking. My daughter works there.

• Linda Fraser
    Linda Fraser

look on craigslist. You can usually find them on there

• Pam Montgomery
    Pam Montgomery

I go by new home construction sites. If home is going to be bricked, they leave the pallets when they're finished

• Linda Phillips
    Linda Phillips

Our local Ace Hardware store puts them out by the street with a sign that says "Free"

• Lroach55
    Lroach55

Go to Walmart...the unpainted ones are free

• Susan
    Susan

I work at a KMart store and they put all their "old pallets behind the building as trash. Most are more than usable.

• Judy Snow
    Judy Snow

I've picked them up free at our local transfer station ( dump ) hope. You find some.

• LYNDA
    LYNDA

thanks so much

• Chris Milligan
    Chris Milligan

Travel down I-75 to our exit 122 and turn right to Clinton, TN. Pallets Plus is just off the interstate. We travel there often and my husband makes crafts for me and the family. Chris Milligan

• Imogene
    Imogene

If you find any please let me know where? I can't find any pallets here in Evansville,Indiana either.

• Maurice
    Maurice

If you go to most building suppliers they are usually happy to help. Be aware that they may need you to comply with their shop/site rules. Insurances might not allow you on there.

• 99 Pallets
    99 Pallets

You can find free pallets here, many ways explained on this site.

Where to Get Pallets for Free? - Easy Pallet Ideas