An Old Fence Thrown In The Trash? Not On My Watch!

$0

Driving through a neighborhood on the way home from dropping my daughter off at school - I spotted 6-7 bundles of these at the curb along with the regular trash.
Nicely bundled old fencing
We loaded it up and hauled it to my friends house for an update to her entry way we had been contemplating multiple ideas about!
The entry way before we started.
The first thing we did was to paint the wall with a gray paint that she had - changing from the white that was on the wall and throughout the home. I didn't want the stark white showing through the "perfections (imperfections)" in the wood. While drying, I took the pieces out to their deck area with the entry measurements and did a dry fitting to make sure we would have enough. Not only did we have enough, we had about 3 bundles left!
Our goal was to do minimal cutting! Random pieces and not laying out like brickwork. The more random - the better, for this rustic look! It really was fun as we scrambled for just the right size and texture for that particular spot. Adult puzzle ~if you will! ;)
We only had to make 6 cuts on this entire wall (we ran out of short pieces) LOL. When we got to the top, the boards would have needed to be trimmed by about an inch across each. We chose to just layer it over the underlying board and it Framed the whole wall as the pièce de résistance, if you will.
Finished wall
This project took less than an hour!
Before
After
A statement wall that says "my home has warmth, texture, architecture and a big 'ole Welcome To Our Home"! I hope that you were inspired by our beautiful wall today and you will keep an eye out for that neighborhood "trash". I will update my blog when the decor is finished. Sign up on my page so you don't miss a thing! :)
Here is the update to the entry ~now with some decor.
Super functional for the "grab and go" to the beach! Thanks for coming back to check in!

Passionately Grounded

• Terrie

Fellow Texan you nailed it! You did a great job. It looks so beautiful. I love the rustic look it gave the entry. Keep picking up other people's trash it works for you.

• Jamie Andrick

Love what you did with them!