Vegetable Garden Markers Using Picture Frames

$2.00

I love being organized and knowing exactly where things are at all times. Can anyone else relate or am I the only one this crazy?
Today I am sharing how I am keeping my garden organized by knowing exactly what I have planted and where it is.
I have made the mistake in the past of planting tomato, different colors of bell peppers, zucchini, etc. and not marking them so I didn't really know which plant was which. I guess I thought that I would just be able to remember in my head or could tell the difference.
Well being able to just remember wasn't cutting it, so this year I am prepared by having my own garden markers. They are easy and quick to make. What is fun too is that you can design the markers any way you like.
I used plain black 3.5x5 frames that I found at the dollar store. You don't want to use anything too fancy since they will be outside.
First you will need to design and make a picture to fit in your frame that says what vegetable you have planted.
Then when you are ready to stake them in the ground, first dig a small hole to make it easier to bury the end of the stake. This will also help to keep you from popping the frame off the stake if you are hammering it into the ground.

Southern Couture

• Zella

how do you keep water from getting inside the picture frame and ruining the label?

• Glenn

I would seal around the edges with a good silicone caulk. If I ever need to replace the label, I can cut away the silicone with a razor knife.

• Glenn

If you are using a 3 1/2 ×5 frame isn't it possible to use the seed packet for your picture? Then you would know the specific type tomato or pepper that you planted.

• Stephanie Snyder Young

Where can I get those labels you suggested??? Is there a template or something similar??

• Rhonda

I am right there with you, my OCD kicks in all the time. Love control in organizing when and where I can get it!!

• Dar Woodhurst

Love it. I keep saying I am going to label better, but never do. I will use this.