Linda H
Linda H
  • Moorhead, MN

Inexpensive kitchen redo in our last house with a fresh and updated out come!

We didn't have a lot of money to redo the kitchen but a lot can be done with not a lot of money invested in it. The first thing we did was take down the hanging cabinets. It opened the whole room up. Then I painted them black and painted the hardware silver. I painted the speckled tile and white with ceramic tile paint. Sprayed the range hood black. Painted that brown light fixture black and put new shades on. We decided to leave the one wall with open cabinets to break up all the door fronts. We ended up really liking the ease of our dishes so easy to grab and put away.
our kitchen redo in our last house, home decor, kitchen design, painting

• Debbie

What did you do to the counter tops? They look different. I love how you took down the hanging cabinets and painted the others black. Also how you left the doors off. I have wondered whether how they would look without doors, but you have an expensive looking kitchen

• Linda H

Hi, I didn't do anything to the counters they were there when when we bought the house. They were a turquoise Corian

• Linda H

Thanks for your encouraging words!

• Nancy Flemming

What a lovely change, looks amazing, only thing I would have done different is to place the door knobs in the proper location, generally 2" down and in from top of bottom cabinets and same for top but from bottom of cabinet, there is lots of information on the correct placement of knobs on the internet.

• Linda H

Yes I didn't like the knobs there either but we just left them in the original place. Thanks for your comment !