Using a Repurposed Rake to Organize Garden Tools

$0
1 Minute

After cleaning in my outdoor shed, I came across a metal rake head missing it's handle. Rather than toss it in the garbage, it was hung on the wall. Now there is a pretty and functional place to store my garden tools when they aren't being used!
The metal tines act as hooks to hang the tools. Now I don't have to dig through a pile of tools to find what I'm looking for when I'm struck with the desire to garden.
Ahh....don't those tools look so neat lined up in a row? I've added hangers made of jute to hang each one up.
I hope this simple way to organize your gardening tools has given you a little push to get started planting if you haven't already begun. How would you rate your gardening skills?
I'm so much more likely to keep the tools properly cleaned now that they are stored out in the open. It is also so much more convenient!

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Jamie

• Cecilia

How do you prevent the rake from tilting once you've hung the tools?

• Jewellmartin

Cecilia, I examined every photo, as I am sure you did, and I only saw one nail holding the rake head in place. I guess the tools are just balanced. I remember the first time I walked into my grandmother’s back bedroom, where it was really cold. She had a whole rake stands against a wall. Hanging from the tines were four of her old stockings, the cuffs rolled tightly and tied at the tops and each held about 4-6 big onions. As a child just learning about poetry, I remember singing for the rest of the day: “I see onions in the toes of my Granny’s hose; hanging from the rake for me to take; but I don’t want to eat any food kept in feet. Shoo wee!” I’ve always loved the idea that the garden was picked clean, waiting for the next season. Best wishes!