dog crate enclosure

had an old bifold door in the garage (~ 4 yrs from the old house). used it to build an enclosure for a dog crate we kept in our family room. also used leftover tile for the top & my wife made curtains from leftover fabric.
1. framed enclosure 2. cut bifold sections 3. stain & poly 4. used leftover tile & glass for top 5. velcro (see on top right) to hold rear curtain
finished product.. tile matches family room table & fireplace & crate doubles as end table

• LeeAnn Gerleman

I have a shih tzu, when he was younger and being trained, he was in a kennel that was small enough that he couldn't do much but lay in it comfortably, he wouldn't go to the bathroom in it. So that helped in training. After he got older, he was well trained, but occasionally would get hold of some paper and tear it into shreds if I was gone, so I wanted him in a kennel while I was gone. So I got an XL kennel, put a water bowl, a comfy pillow, etc in it and called it his apartment. He would go in there if the door was open, just to take a nap occasionally. So until I got another puppy (which needed the XL kennel), it was the shih tzu's apartment. then he graduated to being loose in the house and the puppy went in the kennel. Puppy is scared of fireworks and loud bangs, so she will be shaking and scared, and will go into her kennel, try to close the door, and lay there and sleep. She feels safe in the kennel now.

• Jan

I've had the idea to do something similar. Plastic dog crates are ugly and take up space. This solves both problems. Great job!