DIY Watercolor Wreath

I have been loving all of the watercolor projects that I have been seeing lately!! I am no artist but I decided to give watercolors a try! I am so glad I did because this DIY watercolor wreath was so easy and the results are stunning!!
Spring is such a fun time to decorate your house with all different kinds of bright colors, pastels and fresh greens. This watercolor wreath is a so versatile since you can choose any colors you want!
Here's what you will need:
1- Foam wreath
1- package of white coffee filters
1- Package liquid food coloring
Hot glue gun or pins
Ribbon for hanging and embellishing
Mix a few drops of water color into a bowl of water. Dip each of the coffee filters into the watercolor mixture. I would recommend dipping about 6 at once. This will save time.
Once they are all dry, layer two of the filters and fold them in half. Using glue or a sewing pin secure them to the foam wreath. Once the wreath is totally covered it is time to add texture!! Gently pull down on each of the filters to create texture and seamless lines all around the wreath.
I thought the lace would be really pretty to add some extra texture and focus to this busy wreath. What do you think? Head over the Hawthorne and Main to get all the colorful details on how to bring this wreath together!

Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Shonee @ www.hawthorneandmain.com

• Becky Smith
    Becky Smith

Love the look..after the kids do their Easter eggs, I'll do my coffee filters!

• Betty
    Betty

So pretty! I like that you hung it on a mirror--I have a large mirror that could certainly use ornamentation like this.