Upcycled DIY Pet Bed From an Old Chair

This project is for the pet lovers out there! This Upcycled DIY Pet Bed is part of this month’s Cent-Sational Salvage Challenge. I was happy to revive this old chair and make it into something stylish for my little fur babies. It was so easy, trust me!
upcycled diy pet bed from an old chair, how to, pets animals, repurposing upcycling
I started out with an old chair I picked up from the thrift store for a whopping $5.29.
I sawed off the legs to make the chair the right height for my little doggies.
I then painted the chair with some chalk paint I had on hand.
I upholstered the seat using a pillow and some velour fabric.
Then I painted "Sweet Dreams" on the chair using a paint pen.
That was it. Pretty simple, huh?
My doggies love their new chair! Be sure to visit Sparkles of Sunshine for more details!
Christie @ Sparkles of Sunshine

• Sharon

How did you attach the cushion to the seat in order to not slip off when they jump onto their new bed?

• Edd28704063

Maybe sew an athletic shoelace to each corner and tie the corners to the outer back chair rungs and the front legs. You can get these in many colors to coordinate with your fabric. If your dog tries to chew them, then I'd suggest the rubber strips used to anchor rugs in place. Make sure everything is machine washable for pets!!

• Patti Eastridge-Clark

What kind of dog is this? My granddaughter rescued one just like it and we think it's called a butterfly becUdr

• David Betty Whitener

Think I would not pick a solid black covering....a print would not show hair or footprints as quickly...

• Alice

I love the short legs. This would be perfect for one of my cats. He loves to lay in the dining room chairs.