Lucy
Lucy
  • Leesburg, VA

Cleaning a Microfiber Couch the Environmentally Friendly Way

Having kids really puts some real wear and tear on your furniture. It wasn't too bad when Michael was a baby, we could keep the couch looking nice and clean. Once he started being mobile and using sippy cups, the couch was always a mess. Over a year ago, I had written a post called Cleaning Microfiber Furniture. It works, don't get me wrong, but the big problem with it was that you had to use rubbing alcohol. Well, I have found a more environmentally way to clean our couch.
cleaning a microfiber couch the environmentally friendly way, cleaning tips, go green, painted furniture, reupholster
Several months ago my sister-in-law, Meredith, had posted a before and after picture of her white couch on her Facebook page. My nephew had marked up the couch with crayons and she cleaned it with the Norwex Envirocloth. I was amazed that you couldn't see any signs of it on the couch afterwards. Meredith has been telling me about Norwex for a while now. She loved it so much that she became a consultant for them.
The center of the couch or Michael's seat. It's the worse part of the couch.
Here's my EnviroCloth before I used it.
Activating the EnviroCloth.
You want the cloth to be damp. Rub it back and forth over the area you want to clean. In my case, it ended up being pretty much the whole entire couch.
The center section of the couch. Look at that! I was amazed at how clean it was and it was done with just hot water and a cloth.
Check out the rest of my post to get Meredith's contact information and more information about this amazing product.
Lucy

• Jea21919760

I have a oriental comforter very colorful that my son brought home while he was in the Navy. I used it on a bed that my grandchildren would sleep on when they would visit. How can I get blood out of it without it being ruined. He has a daughter now and I would like to give it to her.

• I have found straight peroxide gets blood out of anything. Just pour it on and wait and maybe blot. I would color test first, especially if it is something very good or special, but honestly have never had a problem myself with any bleaching occuring.

• User

The cloth looks like microfibre, is it infused with a cleaning product?

• Kristin Farren

My sister sells Norwex. There is tons of awesome products you wouldn't even realize are there. I absolutely love the dish cloths and towels and EnviroCloths etc.

Some are microfiber that has silver woven inside the fibers I do believe and that is how the bacteria is killed. Some does not have the silver. There is no added harmful material in the cloths.

They have awesome toothbrushes, mop systems, body towels and body cloths, facial cloth that removes your make up with just water...wonderful product to check out!

• Nancy

How do i get one ?

• Dana Brower

I am a Norwex consultant, check out my website, danabrower.norwex.biz. Thanks for inquiring.

• Regina Marie

To clean my microfiber couch, I use a little laundry soap, febreaze, and shout (about 1 is if each) and top off with water. I put this mixture in my Bissell lift off and it works great. These are items u already have around the house so there is no added cost. This also removed urine stains and smell from my autistic grandson who has consistent accidents. Also, no rinsing is needed due to it being so diluted.

• Susie

I will look it up on the internet see if I can find it I would like to have that I have a microfiber couch too but it's always covered up with another cover of some sort. The couch is look like leather and then the seat is the microfiber in tan color which is bad for anyone to have to sit on cuz it will get dirty so I cover it with something else all the time this way it will never get dirty