Cleaning a Microfiber Couch the Environmentally Friendly Way

726K Views
Having kids really puts some real wear and tear on your furniture. It wasn't too bad when Michael was a baby, we could keep the couch looking nice and clean. Once he started being mobile and using sippy cups, the couch was always a mess. Over a year ago, I had written a post called Cleaning Microfiber Furniture. It works, don't get me wrong, but the big problem with it was that you had to use rubbing alcohol. Well, I have found a more environmentally way to clean our couch.
  • cleaning a microfiber couch the environmentally friendly way, cleaning tips, go green, painted furniture, reupholster
Several months ago my sister-in-law, Meredith, had posted a before and after picture of her white couch on her Facebook page. My nephew had marked up the couch with crayons and she cleaned it with the Norwex Envirocloth. I was amazed that you couldn't see any signs of it on the couch afterwards. Meredith has been telling me about Norwex for a while now. She loved it so much that she became a consultant for them.
The center of the couch or Michael's seat. It's the worse part of the couch.
Here's my EnviroCloth before I used it.
Activating the EnviroCloth.
You want the cloth to be damp. Rub it back and forth over the area you want to clean. In my case, it ended up being pretty much the whole entire couch.
The center section of the couch. Look at that! I was amazed at how clean it was and it was done with just hot water and a cloth.
Check out the rest of my post to get Meredith's contact information and more information about this amazing product.

Suggested materials for this project:

Lucy

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!