Lucy
Lucy
  • Leesburg, VA

Cleaning a Microfiber Couch the Environmentally Friendly Way

Having kids really puts some real wear and tear on your furniture. It wasn't too bad when Michael was a baby, we could keep the couch looking nice and clean. Once he started being mobile and using sippy cups, the couch was always a mess. Over a year ago, I had written a post called Cleaning Microfiber Furniture. It works, don't get me wrong, but the big problem with it was that you had to use rubbing
cleaning a microfiber couch the environmentally friendly way, cleaning tips, go green, painted furniture, reupholster
Several months ago my sister-in-law, Meredith, had posted a before and after picture of her white couch on her Facebook page. My nephew had marked up the couch with crayons and she cleaned it with the Norwex Envirocloth. I was amazed that you couldn't see any signs of it on the couch afterwards. Meredith has been telling me about Norwex for a while now. She loved it so much that she became a consultant for them.
The center of the couch or Michael's seat. It's the worse part of the couch.
Here's my EnviroCloth before I used it.
Activating the EnviroCloth.
You want the cloth to be damp. Rub it back and forth over the area you want to clean. In my case, it ended up being pretty much the whole entire couch.
The center section of the couch. Look at that! I was amazed at how clean it was and it was done with just hot water and a cloth.
Check out the rest of my post to get Meredith's contact information and more information about this amazing product.
Lucy

3 questions on this project
  • Nancy
    Jul 07, 2017

How do i get one ?

• User
    Apr 27, 2017

The cloth looks like microfibre, is it infused with a cleaning product?

• Jea21919760
    Apr 27, 2017

I have a oriental comforter very colorful that my son brought home while he was in the Navy. I used it on a bed that my grandchildren would sleep on when they would visit. How can I get blood out of it without it being ruined. He has a daughter now and I would like to give it to her.

• Cold water & sea salt. Make into a paste and scrub both sides of the stain (if possible). Leave the paste on for a few minutes and rinse the stain with cold water. If the blood stain has been there for a long time, or if it has been laundered (& dried), you may need to repeat the process. I find a fingernail scrub brush works very well for really getting into the weave of the fabric. Good luck, I hope you get it looking good as new!

• Brenda George Hill
    Jul 31, 2017

This cracks me up, my sister had a party and I purchased one. I have not used it yet and that looks just like the 2 love seats I purchased for my husbands man cave (used) I am going to try this!!

• Regina Marie
    Aug 27, 2017

To clean my microfiber couch, I use a little laundry soap, febreaze, and shout (about 1 is if each) and top off with water. I put this mixture in my Bissell lift off and it works great. These are items u already have around the house so there is no added cost. This also removed urine stains and smell from my autistic grandson who has consistent accidents. Also, no rinsing is needed due to it being so diluted.