Maximize a Small Space With Barn Doors

In our laundry room, the door swings inward and cuts that room in half, I needed something that would maximize the space.
Barn doors were the perfect solution!
before
We found these doors for a steal and brought them home immediately, they just needed a fresh coat of paint so I got to work.
For a step by step tutorial you can find the link to my blog at the bottom of my post
You can find a step by step tutorial over at my blog
It really does add so much more space in the room, so glad we did this!
Please stop by my blog for more detailed instructions.

Kristin

• Julie Grett

Where do I find the track and hardware for the doors to slide open and shut?

• Daniel Hoyler

Just do a search at Lowes.com or Homedepot.com for barn door hardware kit. They run 150-200

• Jillian Pierce

I'd like to do something similar to this for a closet in my master bedroom. The wall space on either side of the closet is not big enough to do a full size door & track. Did you purchase two full hardware kits, or were you able to purchase two additional door hangers to go along with the one full kit?

• Marisa

you can use a longer track that already comes with two sets of rollers for two doors or you can also purchase just the rollers. for our master bath we didnt have enough room on either side for just one large door so we got the single track and purchased an extra set of rollers so we could use two doors.

• Peggy Strickler

I realize this is a laundry room but seeing it up and in place might give you perspective. I am wanting to do one for my bathroom but I am concerned about how I could do a lock of some kind for it. I thought about an old fashion hook and eye on the inside. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

• PaulChau

I don't see how this will maximise the space, but it's a cool feature to have in your house I suppose!

• Michele HerrNeckar

I am currently working on something very similar for my laundry area. I had side by sides and went stackable the extra space will be used for shoe storage. This is just inside our back door, I will also have a coat closet along with storage area. I will need bypass doors as there isn't enough space for two doors on the same track. Thank you for sharing your project.