Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Super EASY Way to Transform Wood Stained Furniture

A little info on how to transform and refresh your wood stained furniture without all the sanding and staining. I have several pieces of furniture and tell you how I transformed them on the blog post.....
super easy way to transform wood stained furniture, painted furniture, After of the small nightstand Several coats of Polyshades applied Light sanding in between
"After" of the small nightstand. Several coats of Polyshades applied. Light sanding in between.
super easy way to transform wood stained furniture, painted furniture, Before not bad but it needed a fresh new look Only a very light sanding was needed before applying the Polyshades
"Before" ...not bad but it needed a fresh, new look. Only a very light sanding was needed before applying the Polyshades.
super easy way to transform wood stained furniture, painted furniture, Change that orangy wood into a nice dark walnut for a completely new look
Change that "orangy" wood into a nice dark walnut for a completely new look. To see how to update wood stained furniture the easy way, CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VISIT MY BLOG FOR MORE DETAILS AND HOW-TO INFORMATION....
Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

• Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

Thank you Gail. :) It is actually a great product called PolyShades which is a stain & poly in one. I used a dark shade called Espresso but you can still see the wood grain in the wood. I just love that! (might be hard to tell from the picture but it is there!)

• Lori

This is very interesting and looks awesome. Have you ever done this over damaged wood where a piece was not the same colour, did the two pieces stain differently, like in my kitchen cupboards that have to have some veneer replaced before doing anything else. I was going to paint white but really want dark, almost black. They are that orange right now. What is your opinion? :)

• Lori

Cuz I hate sanding too, and your way sounded great. I guess I will just have to go back to plan A. I guess I could paint one cupboard dark and look at it for a few days to see if I like it, if not, prime with a few coats and go on to white. I will give it some thought. Thanks for the good info though.