Vickey Henning
Vickey Henning
  • Winter Haven, FL

Accenting painted brick

We're leasing a 70's home and someone painted the entire kitchen in pale yellow - including the brick. I've taken it back to 70's colors with a mossy green on the walls and painted each brick individually a bright orangish color with the mortar grey on grouting. Now I need to accent the bricks...thinking a flat black, but has anyone done it and should I use sponge, dry brush, etc? A bit intimidated by no turning back once it's done.
accenting painted brick, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor

• Ram13383263

I was in high school in the '70s. Gotta say, olive green, orange 🍊, browns, heavy woods & wall paper was the way it was!!☎️📺🆒

• Sharon Quinn Whittle

We have a huge kitchen and sitting room with all that regular colored real brick and we are going to paint it like your original painted brick it really lightens up the room. I think the brick is dark and drab and should be lighter
    • Vickey Henning

Have fun with it, Sharon. The best advice I can offer is to make sure the brick is well cleaned prior to painting. Afterwards, the painted surface is very easy to upkeep.