DIY Party Cup LED Lights Garland

$3.00

For fun decorating, I know diy party cup light garlands are all over the internet. They have become a mainstay for summer outdoor décor lighting or to liven up any hip gathering inside. But I'm here to tell you to forget the red cups and xmas lights or buying them already made . . . some at ridiculous prices of nearly 20 dollars! All you have to do is string colorful party cups of your choice onto battery operated decorative LED lights found at the Dollar Tree! Who would have thought? For a short and easy tutorial visit http://purplehuesandme.com/2015/05/diy-party-cup-led-lights-garland.html
diy party cup led lights garland, crafts, how to, lighting, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
All you have to do is gather a few supplies of cups, DT LED lights/batteries and a small pair of scissors or craft knife.
Insert a small pair of scissors into the outside bottom of cup and twist around for a small neat hole.
The Dollar Tree LEDs have decorative covered figures such as dragonflies and butterflies that need to be pulled off first, before inserting the bulbs into the cups. I removed every other butterfly because of the size of the cups I was using . . .
and then put the butterflies back on inside the cup.
If the cups are too plain for you . . . they can be decorated with just about anything using your imagination.
The string of cups can also be draped like a swag instead of strung for an unusual and pretty effect.
Liven up your festive space with LED party cup lights and add a playful touch to your warm weather gatherings!
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Suraj

Wow this is sooo nice, which drives me to ask how to plan a family fair or yard sale and fun games to go with it....as many suggestions as possible are welcome

• Nancy

Wow how AwSome beautiful flairfly litghted cups sweet thank for sharing