Jeannine Harber Moore
Jeannine Harber Moore
  • Leo, IN
Asked on Jan 23, 2013

Ceramic top stove

Mila SDesigns by BSBJeannine Harber Moore
+6

Does anyone know of a good way to really clean a ceramic top. We had an stove that lasted 14 years and the top was super easy to clean. Now we have a new very nice oven and I cannot get the top clean

You'll find plenty of suggestions from Hometalk members in this post: http://www.hometalk.com/606415/how-to-clean-your-ceramic-stovetop

• Becky (J) P

this is going to sound funny, but I use my fingers and Soft Scrub to clean mine. I find if I use a sponge, it just absorbs the cleaning fluid instead of leaving it on the cooktop to do its job.

• KMS Woodworks

I start with a razor blade...like you would use to clean paint off windows...from there we use a bit of citrus cleaner...I used to use the "polishing" compound but when that ran out I switched the the citrus...the razor blade removes 95% or more so the tast is not too tough.

• LandlightS

Sprinkle a good amount of Baking Soda and add water to make a paste. Gently scrub the paste into the baked on dirty spots with a 3M Green pad. Works wonders....if very stubborn I use a wooden spatula to scrape.....in lieu of a razor blade to avoid potential scratches. Gay

• Cindi Satterstrom

Bar Keepers Friend almost always does the trick on mine. Sometimes if it is burnt on you have to use a little elbow grease, but it usually cleans it right up without much effort at all.

• Jami Malone

Bar keepers friend..and a small amount of clorox clean up.Heat the top and then let it cool till just barely warm to the touch.I put a small amount of Bar Keepers friend in the center and drizzle a little of the clorox clean up on it to from a paste. gentley rub useing a wet sponge.Rinse well. No more rings!!

• Jeannine Harber Moore

thanks for the ideas!! I will try them....

• Designs by BSB

Bon Ami natural cleanser!

• Mila S

Liquid bar keeper's friend & magic eraser!