DIY Picture Frame Jewelry Organizer

I made this jewelry organizer and gave it away as a gift, but now I think I need to make another one so I can have one for myself too! It was pretty easy to do using a picture frame, a little bit of leftover fabric, some chicken wire, cup hooks, and a couple other small pieces of wood from the craft store.
I used an unfinished frame and painted it white because it was the size and shape frame I wanted. However if you can find what you're looking for in a finished frame, that would save you a few steps. I saved the cardboard backing that came with the frame and covered it with some leftover fabric from my stash.
This jewelry organizer uses chicken wire for hanging earrings, which you cut to size to fit in the picture frame opening. I could only find chicken wire in rolls of several feet so I've got lots of leftovers if I want to make more organizers!
I also screwed cup hooks into the frame for hanging other pieces of jewelry. I put some hooks along the sides and some hooks on the bottom edge. A couple of the hooks were used to hold a piece of dowel that could then be used as a way to organize bracelets, watches, or hairbands.
Finally, I glued a piece of wood (12" x 1-1/2") to the front of the frame to use as a shelf for those times you want to just quickly set down a small piece of jewelry.
So far it's been working great! Complete instructions are on my blog using the link below.

Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone