Kitchen Pegboard

Do you ever attempt to open a drawer in your kitchen that it is so packed full of junk it gets stuck and you start screaming four letter words at it? Yeah, me either. Just Kidding. My utensil drawer has been know to be a bit troublesome from time to time. To minimize my usage of foul language, I turned to Pinterest for practical storage methods. I saw that other genius bloggers had used kitchen pegboards to keep everything neat and organized. Perfect! So, that’s what I did.
First, came the trip to the hardware store. I picked up a pegboard (obviously), and several multi-packs of pegboard accessories including wall spacers.
*Just a little piece of advice: Be sure to measure the size of your car’s trunk before you purchase the pegboard. This way you will be able to fit it in without having to go back into the store feeling like a fool and having to ask an angry employee to re-cut it for you.
Next, using some teamwork, my husband and I attached it to the wall above our buffet table. We used the spacers and screws that came in the accessory packs. They were a bit tricky to figure out. Hence, there are no photos of this process.
Finally, it was designing time. We used all kinds hooks to hang things up trying to create a balance between decorative and functional.
I LOVE it!
I am probably one of the most indecisive people when it comes to wall decor, so this kitchen pegboard is absolutely perfect for me. On the days I want to switch things up, I easily can in no time. And for the win, my drawer now opens and closes with no problems at all.

Elizabeth Joan Designs

• Joanie

Great organization......it looks like a picture......I like your whole set up!! What is the horseshoe on the shelf below?
  • Aiokersonalicea1

Is there a place where I can get "plastic" peg board? Peg board is usually made from pressed wood/cardboard. I don't know about everyone else, when cooking there's always some form of moisture clinging every where.

• Judy

Are the spacers for behind the pegboard? I have wanted to do this for awhile. I thought I'd have to use 1×1 and make a frame on the back. This seems much easier.????+

• CJ

Judy, you can use the method that works best for you and your application. You just need space behind the peg board to allow the hooks and hangers to be inserted.

• Linda Weeks

thanks! I'll be looking for paneling too!

• Tess

Thank you for sharing, just awesome idea and very inspirational, looks great too 👍😀