Organized Clutter
Organized Clutter
  • International Falls, MN

A Fun Surprise Rusty Spring Wreath

My sister in law and fellow junk gardener, Kris, surprised me with a fun, rusty spring junk garden wreath last Monday!
a fun surprise rusty spring wreath, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling, wreaths
The rusty spring wreath began as a cedar Christmas wreath that had been discarded in the woods.
My sister in law also found a stash of rusty springs in the woods in various sizes. These furniture springs worked well to cover the frame. The clips were flattened out with a hammer to better hold the thin spring wires.
Then she simply kept adding springs until the wreath was filled in!
I hung it on a rustic ladder and gave it a muslin bow. More photos and details on my blog!
Organized Clutter

• Sarah

Super cute!

• Natalie

This is a fun idea! But I think I'd add something else to this - some small objects or artificial flowers. It just reminds me so much of the kind of thing that has formed naturally in my father's yard - a tangle of rusty springs carelessly thrown on the ground, and then daffodils growing through them in spring. It looked awesome!

• Sylvia Candler

Love this idea! I live in the country and would love to do this in one of my flower beds using tulips and daffodils.