Hung Out To Dry - Crib Rail to Laundry Drying Rack

After dropping off my two big kids at school I drove the same way I always do. Like a beacon in the night this bright yellow gift shone from afar. Of course I drove straight over and rescued this abandoned crib from the fate of the dump. Neighbors eyeballing me like I was a lunatic. The next day I went back and picked up the mattress because it was still there and I couldn't just leave it all alone! I'm kind of a sidewalk stalker. Big plans stirred in my brain for this crib rail. It's destiny was a laundry room drying rack. We always have stuff that needs to hang out to dry.
hung out to dry crib rail to laundry drying rack, how to, laundry rooms, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
The bright yellow paint immediately got toned down to a basic white. The rest of my laundry room is bright and fun, you can tour it here!
This board is built out of tongue and groove paneling. Then the crib rail was mounted on with hinges. This crafty little latch holds it shut. Head over to the blog for all the after photos that show off how this little rack goes to work in my laundry room!
I love how it turned out. I figure anything that can make laundry more enjoyable is a good thing. This whole laundry business has really got me thinking about gossip. For an extra little thought on gossip check out the blog post today. You really might want to see how this little butcher block got made over! I bet you have one lying around your house. I got mine for $1 at a garage sale, now it's fun for the whole family!
hung out to dry crib rail to laundry drying rack
Hunt & Host: Decorating & DIY

• Erica Gott

I live in a tiny apartment, but even I think I could find a bit of wall space for one of these. Nice!

• Skyval

Also , I've hung them from the ceiling with hooks for laundry racks and for pasta drying , the smaller ones , and for herbs .