Made From Pinterest
Made From Pinterest
  • El Dorado Hills, CA

Organize With a Tension Rod

No matter how hard I try it seems like the cabinet under the kitchen sink always ends up messy. I would love to place the blame on my teenage children living at home. But that would not be entirely fair or honest.
organize with a tension rod, organizing
organize with a tension rod, organizing
Made From Pinterest

• Judy Steffen

How do you gget the tension rod to stay up?

• Kathleen

Well you would measure the spacexand purchase a tension rod that will fit since they are expandable. When you roll it out you make sure it will beca very tight fit just like a tension rod for hanging a shower curtain.

• Vivielily

Love the space saver and allows to see what needs to be replenished.

• Michelle

My tension rod falls as soon as i place a full bottle on it no matter what i do. I will find a way though!

• Eroque022810

Michelle, if you can't get rod to stay up the you can purchase the end pieces that hold a closet rod. Measure the space and these will need to be screwed into cabinet so ask at store in the cabinet area how long the screw can be. Then place tension rod there or purchase the rod and have it cut to fit. Now I wouldn't want to put holes in my cabinets I would buy a plastic holder that you can just store them in. Now back to rod since they come in different diameters maybe you need a more sturdy one to hold all of your products?

• Lisa Elias

you definitely need to get support pieces to o hold it up; tension rods are for light weight curtains. i have seen this idea many times and there is no way it will stay up without supports. just get a regular rod and mount it to the side of at the cabinet. that goes for holding up shoes in a closet also...too heavy for tennis rods....

• Mem4423529

If you use a tension rod that has a rounder diameter it will stay up . I have one in a closet that had no rod and have 10 winter jackets hanging from it and I have never had the rod fall down , it's all in using the proper size .

• Teresa

There is no tension rod that I have ever heard of that can hold 8-10 pounds of spray containers - and since a cup of water weighs between 8-9 ounces and some of these spray bottles hold 16 oz - you would need the end pieces.

• Kay M Johnson

Yes, I've tried using them before to. I even have issues with shower curtains. I tried a project with a bookcase for hanging baby clothes on with tension rods. Big disaster.

• S Davis

Have! Doesn’t work if you really want to use for this purpose; try a mounted rod.

• RITA

I LOVE THIS IDEA, I USE THIS UNDER MY KITCHEN SINK. I HAD TO BRACE THE ROD ON BOTH SIDES FOR SUPPORT TO WITHSTAND THE WEIGHT OF ALL OF THE BOTTLES I HAVE ON IT. VERY HELPFUL !