DIY Party Cart / Potting Bench

Since it is planting and outdoor party season, I wanted to build a multi-purpose piece. I do a little work around the yard, but I didn't want to look at gardening tools when I was not using them. So here is what I came up with....
First, I assembled the base of the bench. There are detailed plans and a cutting list on my site sawdusttosequins.com.
I made the leg sections and attached them together with shelf supports.
Then, I used 2X4 boards to make the shelves. There are two shelf sections on this bench.
Once the base was finished, I started to assemble the top. I took my plywood and made a frame around the outside edges and attached them with pocket hole screws.
The top has doors which hide the gardening tools. To make these, I cut my plywood and attached the doors to the frame top with 1 1/2" hinges. I also added a closure so the doors would stay shut when opening the top. I used cup hooks on the inside to hang the tools.
I added the top to the base with two 3" hinges.
That's it. The bench is all done, now time to enjoy. Here are some pics of different ways to use this bench.
Use the bench to store all of your party supplies for your next barbeque or outdoor party. It holds all the party essentials.
Then, when you are ready to do some gardening, open up the top to reveal your tool storage.
Dig in to that dirt and get some flowers planted!!
I hope you enjoyed this post. For more detailed plans and instructions, go check out my site sawdusttosequins.com
Thanks for reading,
Crissie

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Crissie @ The Crafted Maker