Asked on Jun 9, 2015

Fountain planter

Gloria SJenniferJill Drake
+9

I have this fountain that I bought years ago but it developed a leak..so I decided to make a planter out of it. A few weeks ago I painted it with my craft paints BUT now my question is what to plant in it ??!! Anyone have any ideas ??
  • Vicki Boyle
    Vicki Boyle

purple wave petunias

• Debra Powell
    Debra Powell

How about among the wave petunias so Bacopa Gulliver too, verbena, geranium...endless really. Cute fountain.

• Gail Sugalski
    Gail Sugalski

include some mini cala lilies

• Moni Batthish
    Moni Batthish

Beautiful, the way you painted it. You don't want a high plant that will cover the green and yellow Lilly and you don't want anything that will spread and dangle down, again so you don't cover the beUty of the fountain, I suggest if it is in a shady area impatients for shade and if it is in a Sony area impatience for sun. Good luck

• Michele
    Michele

how about succulents

• Sunny Heggins
    Sunny Heggins

you could plant herb's

• Sunny Heggins
    Sunny Heggins

hanging type plants like Creeping Jenny would be pretty and you could put it in the bottm planter between the lily's, it would be pretty hanging down

• CK
    CK

I think some trailing plants would look pretty. Check what grows in your planting Zone. There'll be several that'll work. In my Zone 3 I'd use vinca vine, ivy, sweet potato vine or wave petunias. See what your local gardening center can help you with too.

• EllieH
    EllieH

Intersperse trailing & bush plants. Love the succulent idea, Michele.

• Jill Drake
    Jill Drake

Succulents in the top, and sides of white object, sorry, I dont recognise what it is, or if gaps are deep enough trailing plants, so they cover that area, and same in planter, would look amazing...good luck and pics would be great after 😃

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

Succulents are a great idea...look on Pinterest. I think you use soil and pebbles

• Gloria S
    Gloria S

Thanks for all the comments & suggestions. Really like the ones about the purple wave petunias (my favorite color !) Or the about succulents. Havent decided yet. When I do..will post a pic..Thanks again everyone !!