Summer Front Stoop

I have been busy for the past few weekends getting our outdoor areas ready for summer. I am a little late doing it this year, but I am so happy with the way our front stoop turned out, I think my front stoop for summer might be my favorite so far! So welcome to our summer front stoop!
I decided to add a chair to our front stoop this spring because I come out here to watch Mr. 7 Year Old play a lot and I never have anyplace to sit. I love the colors I have going on out here mostly Pink and purple with small touches of red, turquoise, and green.
This stoop doesn’t get much shade. It is full sun until around 4:30 or so, so we have had a hard time keeping things alive out here. We tried to be really careful that all of the flowers we bought are for full sun for 6+ hours per day. Wish us luck! You may have seen my DIY cherry blossom wreath during my spring home tour. I decided it need a little something, so I went out and bought this green polka dotted ribbon and made a cute bow. I think it was the perfect touch!
I love these chalkboard planter’s we bought! We picked them up at Lowe’s yesterday for $15.98 each, and they already had flowers in them. I thought they would be fun, so on this one below I wrote our street address with a chalk marker. So far it has held up through several rains, which I am surprised about.

Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place

• Lillian Tremblay

Looks beautiful!! However, I too have tried to hang a wreath on the front door but unfortunately either the wind, rain or snow destroys it. I have tried to bring it in the house before stormy weather as the wind bangs the wreath against the door and it drives me crazy! it seems like Mother Nature wants to get into the house! The plants look great!!!

• Audrey Blau

I took my buddy's old screen door and turned it into a chalk board d well and painted it gumdrop! Lover the chalk board idea