Easy Door Upgrade With Moulding: No Nails Needed!

My apartment has very inexpensive hallow core doors that have zero character or architectural detail and they were screaming for some moulding detail. But being a renter, I had to figure out a creative way to do install it without making any holes or permanent changes to the door.
easy door upgrade with moulding no nails needed, doors, how to
The solution I came up with was to use repositionable double sided tape from Glue Dots! It makes it easy to reposition the moulding when installing it and it's strong enough to hold the moulding in place.
I placed the tape on the back of the moulding and placed each piece on the door after I had tapped the outline of where I wanted the moulding to go.
I filled in the gaps at the corners with wood filler and then I painted the moulding the same color as the door (but you could also paint the moulding a different color). I've had the moulding up now for a few months and I love it! You can see more details on this project by clicking on the link below.
Engineer Your Space