A Cute Eco-friendly Substitute for Bottled Water

Do you find yourself grabbing a bottle of water to quench your thirst instead of turning on the faucet? I'm not a fan of bottled water, but I was buying it by the case when we had overnight guests. I was doing this despite the fact that we already have a water filtration system and use city water. I put my thinking cap on and decided there was a better way to make our guests feel welcome, have water in their rooms when they spend the night, and help save the environment. I came up with a really cute idea that my guests love.
I have a few old blue jars with zinc lids that weren't being used. We were having overnight guests, and so, I gave the jars a good washing, filled them with purified water, and put them in the fridge to chill.
Then when our overnight guests arrive, I take the water out of the fridge and place it on a tray with a glass in the guest room. It is so darn cute and seems to be more welcoming then a few plastic bottles of water.
My guests comment on what a good idea this is. If you don't have any old glass jars, you can purchase new replicas at many big box stores. This small gesture lets your guests know you have taken a step to make them feel more welcome in your home, and you are helping the environment at the same time. Please visit our blog for other great posts about decorating, entertaining, cooking, traveling, and much more. http://the2seasons.com/2015/06/09/a-cute-way-to-eliminate-bottled-water/

The 2 Seasons