Using Logs to make your Water Feature Pop!

Using small logs, large sticks and downed branches help give your water feature a more natural look. Find pieces native to your area and lay them across your stream, or in the water or whatever you want-you're not gong to hurt anything! They are also a really great way to hide the spillway. Make it look as close to nature as you can. Get creative and have fun! Littlefield Landscaping, LLC

• You can do it! Let us know if you have any questions about the installation. Best of luck to you and your husband!

• Donna Craft

I'm adding a Koi pond to my backyard as I type this! Needless to say, at almost 70, I'm not doing the work, but I did the design, and my friend, who is a plumber and jack of all trades is doing the work. I purchased all my materials from Amazon and Walmart. The plants will be coming from Amazon and Ebay. Will add the Koi later, after the pond is established. I'm lucky to be living in the mountains of Va., so don't have to buy any rocks, and fallen trees are free, too. Other than the materials (liner, pump, etc), the only other thing I had to buy was sand to line the hole the liner will sit in. I can't wait until it's finished. The only other thing I need now is a net to keep out all the leaves and acorns that will be falling soon.