DIY Mason Jar Citronella Candles Chase Mosquitoes Away and Look Great!

27K Views
I live in the hot south and spending time on our dream deck usually happens in the late evening. It's a relaxing time spent with family.....except for the mosquitoes! Here's how I created an easy citronella candle that helps repel those pesky bugs and looks beautiful, too!
Difficulty: Easy
  • diy mason jar citronella candles chase mosquitoes away and look great, how to, mason jars, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
Citronella oil is a plant-based insect repellant that is a must for spending time outside. Since we are self-taught DIYers we knew we could find a way to make candles that were both efficient and pretty.
All the supplies you will need. See my blog for links to these products.
Using the pint sized mason jars punch a hole from the bottom in the center of the lid. This allows for easier installation of the wick.
Push and twist the wick through the hole in the lid leaving 1/8 inch exposed.Fill jar with citronella torch fuel.
Screw on the lid and ring and pull the wick through. That’s it! These little candles make a great gift for neighbors or friends and create a warm and inviting ambiance for an outdoor room.

Suggested materials for this project:

Marty's Musings

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!