Removing Hard Water Stains Naturally!

$0

Do you have unsightly hard water stains / mineral deposits on your faucets? Did you know you can effectively remove them with just one item you probably already have in your pantry? Here's an easy and effective way to get rid of your hard water stains!
Do you have hard water stains/mineral deposits that look like this?
... or this? If you have vinegar, paper towels, and one hour of time, you can completely remove these stains.
Take a look at these before and afters! The hard water/mineral deposits are completely GONE. For the full tutorial, click HERE.

Want some more jaw-dropping cleaning tips? Here's the most popular one from my blog:

To get your porcelain sink in tip top shape, click on the link below.

Erin

• Maureen

Will this work on the stainless sinks too?

• Martha

Yes but don't use on gold colored fixtures as it will remove the finish.

• Car4998842

our drinking glasses have hard water stains and I cant get it off they look awful

• San1501906

I use bleach in the dishwasher.

• Donna F

I use a cup of vinegar in my dishwasher and it keeps the hard water stains off of dishes.

• Ruth Inman

I have a horrible stain in my tub where the leaky faucet drips. Major rehab to open the wall... how can i get rid of the stain?

• Annie Doherty

Like Donna I use white vinegar in my dishwasher rinse and it will keep your glassware, silverware etc sparkling and no residual smell. I use it weekly to clean my dishwasher and washing machine, gets rid of any gunk easily and quickly.

• Oooohh!

Just saw a YouTube video on this and tried it. Because my lime & mineral buildup is about 7 years old (I know, I know!) after the one-hour soak didn't do the trick, I tried 3 hrs and still tons wouldn't come off. Leaving another application overnight, I figured that oughta kick it's butt. Nope. Still lil crunchy edges nearly tore my nail off picking at. Reapply, and after another few hours check to find worked beautifully... until I looked at the part of the tap at the bottom. It was eaten through the brushed-nickel finish and showing a brass color :( So a word of caution to save other people's taps: please, the longer you leave it on, the more often you need to check on it! Good luck to all! :D

• Lyn4604240

What can I use on gold taps which won't take the colour off please?

• Melinda

What is best thing to do or use to detour bees from boring into wood on your house?

• Carol Merrill

They sell a dust that can be applied. Then 2 weeks later plug the hole. These bees generally like unpainted wood the best. A good coat of paint helps discourage them.

• Avs7548702

A quick spray of insect repellant like OFF Dry immediately discourages them.

• Marilyn Hagen

How to get rid of carpenter ants

• Germaine Trenary

How to make your bath towels fluffy again

• Annie Doherty

Add white vinegar to your rinse instead of fabric softner in your washing machine, will restore softness and there is no residual smell either, cheap and extremely effective

• Mom3030511

Have you tried the dryer spiked balls. Throw them in the dryer with your towels and if need be, do it again after towels are dry.

• Nancy Hunt

Don't use any thing like Downey just soap and water for a couple of washes see if that helps, I know it will make them more absorbent. Just a thought.

• S.l7841402

I put vinigar in my wash along with soap and with water in my rinse cup... clothes turn out sparkling clean, softer and almost lint free.

• Mary Hofstra

Also, dry your towels on the lowest setting possible. I've tried all of the above tips. Nothing really seemed to work. Then I tried drying them on extra low. That did it!!!

• Jackie

If you use Nellies Washing Powder you'll never have soap residue in your clothes.
  • Ton9182453

Can you use vinegar on a black quartz kitchen sink to remove water deposits and soap scum

• Lha12067761

I have St Charles metal cabinets in my kitchen and the people who lived in the house before us never cleaned them. There is grease embedded in the paint and nothing I've tried works to clean them. Any ideas?

• Denise R. Erwin-Kilpatrick

Make a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar. Put this in a spray bottle. spray on the grease, let set for about 10 minutes, wipe clean.

• D.

DAWN DISH DETERGENT IS USED TO REMOVE GREESE & BUILT UP & BURNT ON FOOD. IT WORKS GREAT. ON A SURFACE SUCH AS YOURS YOU MAY HAVE TO PUT SOMETHING TO PROTECT YOUR FLOORS DOWN. PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF WITH OVERLY HOT WATER. I'M A MOM- CAN'T HELP BUT TO GIVE OUT UN-NEEDED ADVICE. : ) U HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU. - D.

• Angee

I mix dawn soap with a little comet scrub powder to a paste for the hood of my stove and mix that paste with water for the cabinets I also use that paste mixture with spic n span or something like that to clean greasy hubcaps or automotive grease left in sinks from huddy

• Linda Snyder

What is the best way to clean a very dirty srlf-cleanimg oven? Some one said blue dawn and some other ingredient allowing to sit in the oven over night
    • Bgt239354

There is an easy-off oven cleaner for self cleaning oven.
    • Bonnie

Only use self cleaning first. Then wipe out the ashes. Voila'!

• Sandra

If you use a cleaner on your self cleaning oven I think it will ruin its ability to clean itself.

• Ray Bassett

Will this work in toilets? I continuously have “ring around the toilet”.

• Cathy

I tried vinager or my black faucet it doesn’t work! Hard water build up

• Marietta

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING - IT WORKED JUST LIKE YOU SAID IT WOULD!!!!
    My sink is 9 years old and takes a beating daily. I had reverted to Mr. Clean Magic Erasers because that was the only thing that worked.
    This worked better- less scrubbing-AND AT A TREMENDOUS SAVING.
    THANK YOU.
  • Amm22461498

Terrific idea. The vinegar and paper towels idea completely cleaned the hard water buildup from my glass bird bath. It looks new. I didn't have to scrub it at all.