Finished Ladder-Shelf Project

54K Views
So, I finally got around to finish this project. I added shelves, painted, and distressed it.
  • repurposed ladder shelf project, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas, storage ideas
when I got it it had this yellow paint but it was dirty and when you added the games you couldn't see any paint.
I had added a piece of wood in the middle of each step and a bracket to the wall, not very usable for anything else.
So, I cleaned it, sanded it, painted it, and then distressed it. Then I added the shelves, this way if I get bored, I can switch out the games for other things.
I made 5 shelves. I used 1 in. x 2 in. x 8 ft. Pine Board from Lowes. I did the 3 sides and then add plywood as the bottom. I left a lip in the front to attached to the ladder with small screws.
I wrapped the outside in rope (that was very time consuming) and the inside with cork contact paper. I attached them with brackets to the wall.
Before I redid the ladder and after.
Finished it!!

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question