Homemade Rose Petal Sachets Using Paper Towel Tube

It started with a rose. My neighbor's rose. She was out one morning cutting off her roses and I asked her for one. She said to take as many as I wanted. And I had an "ah-ha" moment. I will make rose petal sachets!
homemade rose petal sachets using paper towel tube, crafts, flowers, how to, repurposing upcycling
So I gathered some well past their prime roses and started pulling the petals from the flower heads.
Then, I lined a microwaved-safe plate with paper towels and placed the petals on top in a single layer.
Next, I microwaved the petals on high at one minute intervals until they were dry and crisp. When dried, red rose petals turn a pretty shade of burgundy.
Put all the dried petals in a glass bowl, add a few drops of rose essential oil and gently mix together. To make the sachet tubes: Flatten a paper towel cardboard tube and cut in half.
Draw an oval shape in the center of tube. Insert a thick piece of cardboard in the tube and cut out the oval pattern.
Next, cut a piece of cardstock to cover the height and width of the tube. Fold the cardstock into three parts and insert it into the tube. Trace edges of the open oval pattern, remove from tube and cut out.
Glue the cardstock pattern to the cardboard tube using tacky glue.
For the embellishments, cut out a piece of foam sheet and trace and cut out the oval shape. Use a pair of decorative edged scissors to cut 1/2 inches around the oval opening. Next, cut out a small piece of tulle, add tacky glue to the trim and place tulle on top cutting away excess material. Place trim on tube.
Finally make a mini bow, small rose and hanging loop out of ribbon and glue on.
Glue the bottom opening closed with tacky glue and allow to dry.
Spoon rose petals into the tube, tapping down lightly. Seal the top opening with tacky glue, using a clip to keep close until dry.
The rose petal sachets can be tucked into linen closets and drawers or hung on a knob for a lovely fresh scent. And the best part is you can refresh the fragrance by adding drops of rose essential oil through the tulle.
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Joanna

Gail, You always have the best ideas! How clever!!!
  • Rose Babcock-Lamphere

so basically , this idea would work with almost any flower... Wonderful idea!! I will be doing this for closets, clothes hampers, any small spaces and our vehicles!! Thank you very much for the idea!! so clever!!