Daniel L
Daniel L
  • Israel
Asked on Jan 24, 2013

How to fix my parquet?

Gail SalminenKMS WoodworksDouglas Hunt
+8

Hi everyone,
I want to fix my parquet whithout changing pieces. Do you have any idea or magic action that can help me on this!
(it was caused by nails under the foot of my bed :( )
how to fix my parquet, flooring
  • Gail Salminen

@Daniel L - I am no expert but as a novice I would first try see if there is a wood colouring pen at a home supply store. Colour in the pock marks - I believe that a few marks in hardwood can add character to the floor. If you don't like the results you could try wood filler, sanding and staining. I am sure @KMS Woodworks or @Douglas Hunt may have better suggestions for you. Good luck and let us know what your results are.

• Daniel L

thanks @Gail Salminen . It's sounds great. I'll take a look in the closest store.

• Daniel L

I'll be also really interested to read some advices of @KMS Woodworks and @Douglas Hunt

Daniel, I trust you've taken care of the nail problem! KMS knows far more about these matters than I ever will, but I do know there are fill sticks and stain markers that would probably take care of this problem. I have a stain marker from Minwax in my drawer right now. They come in various colors to match to match the type of wood you have.

• Daniel L

Yeah, of course i took care about the nail, it is not a problem anymore. But thanks for the advice. I'll look for those sticks. I hope find them near to ne

• KMS Woodworks

These appear to be pretty small compared the grain structure of the wood. The colored pen Idea from Gail would make them less visible, but they would still be "dents". Because they look whitish to me I going to assume you have a pre-finished product with an Aluminum Oxide finish. This is a bit tougher to spot repair over a basic sand in place oil or poly finish. I would start with the color pens / stain. and Then replace the bed with some flooring protectors installed. These would cover the damage and it will not be visible. If you are rearranging the room then you may need to go the spot sand and touch up. For that, sand just the damaged board and use the seams to help mask the repair.

• Daniel L

thanks a lot for you help to everyone. I will try with the color pen first. I'll post the result once done.

• Daniel L

Thanks to your advices to all, i fixed my parquet. it's not 100% perfect but it is exactly what I wanted.

how to fix my parquet, flooringhow to fix my parquet, flooring

Great job, Daniel.

• KMS Woodworks

Well done...I'm glad it worked out for you.

• Gail Salminen

@Daniel L - great job. The perfection is in the character left behind. I think it looks great and barely noticeable. Thanks for the progress report :)