Xena Nierobisz
Xena Nierobisz
  • Raleigh, NC

Miniature Beach Garden

Happy summer everyone! :) I got really inspired by the miniature (fairy) beach I saw online. When my sister went to Florida, I asked her to bring me some nice sand. I got a small black container from dollar tree and I painted it yellow and blue. I used a tutorial I saw online to make a miniature hat. I also made other things for this garden. Read descriptions under the pictures to find out how I did it:) I
miniature beach garden, container gardening, crafts, gardening, how to
The garland on the back was made from scewers, string, and beach buttons from Michael's
The hat was made from plastic cap, fabric, and card board. Beach sign can be made from popsicle sticks and letter stamps. A beach bag is actually a dollar magnet from Michael's :)
I printed out book cover from the internet site. To make it stiff, I used a cork coaster, also available at Michael's
A small flag was made from a piece of fabric and I used a stamp to decorate it. I also had some corals, shells, and small ambers in my craft room so I used it for this project
I made this bucket from a wine cork and a wire. I glued fake and real shells on top. Tiny flip flops were made from a cork coaster and painted using nail polish
I bought this fance at Michael's but you can easily make it from popsicle sticks

• Jill Schneider Ball

Do I need to remove the plants from the plastic containers before putting them in the sand? Or do I bury the pots in the sand? Or do I need to put potting soil in first, put in the plants and then cover with the sand??
  • Maxine

Hi can u tell me how to do this id love to do this as a memorial garden for my baby

• Maxine