Monolithic Oak Table Transformation

$50

My mom managed to snag this solid oak dining table for only $50! It quickly became my new project, yet I had never refinished a table. It had good bones, it was just in dire need of some love.
I typically refrain painting wood due to it's wonderful characteristics, but staining both the tabletop and the base would have been too much. The base was also a pain to sand down completely, so I took a shortcut and covered it in a good coat of primer.
The semi-sanded base. I always forget to take before pictures until I start sanding!
The original top– worn, weathered, and badly gouged in a couple of spots (also very orange).
The first of two coats of stain. I used Minwax's Dark Walnut, and it brought out the grain quite nicely.
The reason why I ultimately painted the base!
Stained and painted, pre-antiquing. I really wanted to bring out the lovely details in the base, so I used Rust-Oleum's Decorative Glaze in Java Brown.
The final product! Painting and antiquing the base was more difficult than I expected, but the work was absolutely worth it. The glaze brought out the details even more than I anticipated.

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home