Easy DIY Garage Shelving!

$100

When trying to clean out my garage a while back, I needed a place to store not only my wood for future projects but also all my tools, stain, paints, etc. This shelf modified from Ana White's plans was the perfect solution!!
It is 8 ft. long and almost 8 ft. tall!! It has PLENTY of room for a little of everything!! The best thing about this shelf is the limited number of cuts...since I went 8ft. long...I used 2x4s straight off the shelf and to make it slightly shorter than 8 ft. (since my ceilings are only 8 ft high in the garage...I purchased 2x4x92 5/8" studs...no cutting!! Woohoo!!
I simply used wood glue and large 2 1/2" inch deck screws to attach everything together!! My kind of project!!
The only cutting that had to be done was for the shelf supports, I cut them at 18" and attached them like rungs on a ladder to two 92 5/8" boards. I just spaced them as close to even as I could from top to bottom...I believe there is one shelf that sits 1/2" lower than the others...luckily, I bet you can't tell which one!!! Haha!!
After making three of these 'ladders' you stand them up and lay your 8 ft. long boards on top and screw them down!! Yep, that simple!!
A few hours worth of work... and I gained floor to ceiling storage!! Woot Woot!!
After that I just screwed two 2x4 pegboards (a 4x4 pegboard cut in half) on the third shelf up from the bottom to help with my tool storage!! Added all my wood, tools, junk...Lol...and viola!!
From this mess...
To this organization!!
Yep...I'll take that any day over the catastrophe that was in my garage!! Lol!! It is so nice having it now...not that I am entirely organized because of it...but it does help tremendously!!! For a more detailed post on how to build this and material list visit my blog below!! Thank you so much for reading!!

The Inspired Workshop

• Katherine Anne

This is a great DIY. Thank you for sharing it!
  • Susan

Love it!!!!!!!!! I have do something simple like that. Thank you so much for this great idea