Emily @ Table & Hearth
Emily @ Table & Hearth
  • Corpus Christi, TX

A Fabulous Idea Using Concrete and Bottle Caps

$10

I've never worked with concrete before, so when it was chosen for a challenge I do with 11 other bloggers in this month's Home Depot Gift Challenge, I was majorly intimidated. I've always loved the look of it but figured I needed to start with baby steps my first time. Our challenge was to make something for a father (since it is Father's Day) so I decided to make a large trivet for my father-in-law for his seafood-frying and shrimp-boiling!
easy bottlecap concrete trivet for father s day, concrete masonry, crafts, how to, outdoor living, seasonal holiday decor
The supplies are super simple and cost well under $10! Ignore the lacquer, that totally didn't work (you can read about it in the post here).
Carefully arrange your caps in whatever pattern you'd like on the top. I chose to make a Texas flag on mine using some of our beloved Texas beer :)
For a more detailed tutorial and more photos, along with other concrete projects from our challenge, visit the blog post and check out my Crafts gallery here!
Emily @ Table & Hearth

• G

I take it the bucket is slick enough the concrete didn't stick to it? That's my only worry, I would love to make several stones and this looks like a really nice way to do it.

• Jina

When I make concrete bricks or stepping stones I " grease" the molds with spray-on cooking oil ( like Pam). It works great!