Asked on Jan 25, 2013

What is this table?

Pamela ThomsenJan SchaferHelen


Has anyone seen a table like this? There are no markings on it, but I believe it is some kind of library table. The middle and bottom shelves spin.
shelves are divided into 4 sections
Top of table
11 answers
  • KMS Woodworks
    on Jan 25, 2013

    I have never seen something like this...but it is pretty cool. Like a very nice lazy susan.

  • Miriam I
    on Jan 25, 2013

    Wow - never seen anything like that before either.

  • Amy Washburn
    on Jan 25, 2013

    Never seen anything like it but it is Beautiful!

  • Gina Little
    on Jan 27, 2013

    I feel the same. Very beautiful. Have you tried to google images? I find tons of things that way.

  • ARod of MakinMyAptaHome
    on Jan 27, 2013

    i dont know either but it is a beauty

  • Z
    on Jan 28, 2013

    @Vonnie, you are correct, what you have is a revolving bookcase. It's quite a lovely one too. Is this a thrift store find by any chance? If so you got very lucky and probably got a very good deal on it as new ones can cost around a thousand dollars or more since both levels revolve on yours.

  • Vonnie W
    on Jan 28, 2013

    Thanks for all your comments. Becky, I bought it at a yard sale about 3 years ago for $150. I searched online, but could not find one just like it. I was going to sell it, but with all the great comments and input from Becky, I think I better hang on to it.

  • Z
    on Jan 28, 2013

    I'm glad I could help Vonnie.

  • Helen
    on Jul 26, 2016

    Library/Drum table. The reason for calling it a "Drum" table is the shape, which is quite evident. But, this is a special one as it was made for library use.

  • Jan Schafer
    on Sep 5, 2016

    My parents called it a telephone/magazine table. I grew up with one my dad made!

  • Pamela Thomsen
    on Oct 2, 2016

    Believe it is from the Hemingway Collection that Ethan Allen used to have. There is a taller one as well. My dream...

Your comment...