Posh Patios
Posh Patios
  • Villa Rica, GA
Asked on Jan 25, 2013

Lighting questions on interior cabinets.

LandlightS

I am building this unit and trying to figure out how to light the shelves and above the desk. There is 72" between the desk and light. The designer wants a soft light effect. For the book shelves (36" wide x 24"deep x 16"high) a soft glow with not spots. Any help would be greatly apprecitated.
Drawing 1 has 2 options, and drawing 2 dado's them into the back of the shelf. Shelves are 2.5" thick with voids. No heat lights and dimmable.
lighting questions on interior cabinets, lighting
1 answer
  • LandlightS

For soft overall light with no hot-spots, I would use Juno type mini trac with Xenon lamps or LED modules. The mini trac is 3/8" deep and the lamp holders are about 7/16" deep making the system less than an inch in total depth. Very easy to work with. The system uses low volt transformer and is compatible with dimmers. Let me know if I can of further assistance. Good lighting, Gary