DIY Ladder Pot Rack

We've been in need of some extra storage in our kitchen. I thought it would be convenient to have all of my pots and pans hanging from above the kitchen island. They'd be right there within reach, so no digging through cupboards. Instead of going out and buying an actual pot rack, I thought it would be cool to make my own out of a DIY ladder.
I used two 1x4 boards for the sides of the ladder and four 3/4 inch wooden dowels for the rungs. First, I stained my boards and dowels with dark walnut stain from Rustoleum. Then, I screwed the dowels to the side boards and used wood glue between all of the joints as well. My ladder is about 4 1/2 feet tall.
Then, I screwed in an eye screw on each corner of the ladder (4 total).
To hang the ladder, I attached four lengths of chain to each eye screw. I used some quick links where the chain attaches to the eyescrews.
The previous owners left their pot rack ceiling screws when we moved in and we never got around to removing them. So we just used those and hung the other end of the chains from them. Then, I hung my pots and pans from some S-hooks.
Voila! Now I just need to paint those orange cabinets!
For more creative DIYs, come check out my blog at www.littleredbrickhouse.com!

Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Sarah Cook

• Margie Hood

I like your ladder the best..and there are many on here as you know..yu made me laugh about the cabinets....my wood cabinets are that honey orange wood and yes im sure they were wonderful in the 80,s but ugh..gotta go..def my next project..keep inspiring

• Gloria Rogers

I had a ladder in my kitchen over my island for years and in the beginning I loved it. Eventually I saw it collected dust and grease and was really too high up to clean daily. I was really glad when we had out kitchen Redone in 2009 and got rid of it. I love looking at them but hate the greasy dusty stickiness. I’ve since then moved and my new kitchen doesn’t even have an island! I’m loving my new kitchen kitchen!