DIY Ladder Pot Rack

We've been in need of some extra storage in our kitchen. I thought it would be convenient to have all of my pots and pans hanging from above the kitchen island. They'd be right there within reach, so no digging through cupboards. Instead of going out and buying an actual pot rack, I thought it would be cool to make my own out of a DIY ladder.
I used two 1x4 boards for the sides of the ladder and four 3/4 inch wooden dowels for the rungs. First, I stained my boards and dowels with dark walnut stain from Rustoleum. Then, I screwed the dowels to the side boards and used wood glue between all of the joints as well. My ladder is about 4 1/2 feet tall.
Then, I screwed in an eye screw on each corner of the ladder (4 total).
To hang the ladder, I attached four lengths of chain to each eye screw. I used some quick links where the chain attaches to the eyescrews.
The previous owners left their pot rack ceiling screws when we moved in and we never got around to removing them. So we just used those and hung the other end of the chains from them. Then, I hung my pots and pans from some S-hooks.
Voila! Now I just need to paint those orange cabinets!
For more creative DIYs, come check out my blog at www.littleredbrickhouse.com!

Sarah Cook

• Linda

I love this! Was it hard to find a old wooden ladder? Im not a patient person when I see something I like. This would fit my collective type kitchen to a T:)

• Margie Hood

I like your ladder the best..and there are many on here as you know..yu made me laugh about the cabinets....my wood cabinets are that honey orange wood and yes im sure they were wonderful in the 80,s but ugh..gotta go..def my next project..keep inspiring