Home Repair Tutor
Home Repair Tutor
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Dryer Duct Cleaning: Dust Bunnies are Pyromaniacs

We all clean our dryer's lint trap but when is the last time you vacuumed the dryer ducts or around the heating element?
Okay, I'm ashamed to admit that I've never done this (yes I should be punished by the DIY gods).
So this past weekend our electric Maytag dryer got some much needed cleaning attention. Here are some tips you can immediately put into action to prevent a dryer fire in your own home (and
dryer duct cleaning dust bunnies are pyromaniacs, appliances, cleaning tips
Home Repair Tutor

• Spi7607325

When the repair man pulled out my appliances, he disconnected the drier tube from the back, inserted the hose of the garage vac, reversed the air and blew all the lint out into the back yard. Easy job.

• Thank you so much for pisting this! We all need reminders from time to time. Plus some of the new homeowners never knew this. I do this twice a year myself. For the amount of laundry I do, this seems to be sufficient. Plus it prolongs the life of your appliance! Thanks!👍