Rustic Fence Picket Framed Mirror

$30

I added a stunning feature to the entryway with an old bathroom mirror and some extra fence pickets that I had on hand!

First, I measured my mirror and cut my fence pickets to length, mitering the corners. I made sure there were a few inches of overlap on the mirror for the frame to cover. Then I pocket hole screwed each joint together to secure my frame.

I tried to stain my frame darker with coffee but that ended up bringing out more of the orange, which is NOT what I wanted (pictured below). So to remedy that, I ended up brushing on a water and baking soda mixture to help oxidize the wood and bring about the "aging" process.

Instead of gluing the frame to the mirror and hanging the whole piece by the frame, I opted to hang the mirror to the wall first using mirror clips and then hang the frame separately over it.

I used a picture hanging kit with wire to hang the frame.

I love how the rough texture of the pickets gives the perfect rustic touch to the frame. It was exactly the look I was going for.

For more creative and inspiring home DIYs check out my blog at www.littleredbrickhouse.com

• Fence pickets
  • Pocket screws

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Sarah Cook

• Diena Cameron
    Diena Cameron

Beautiful job. Love how you mitered the corners, mine would look like a 2 year old did it, lol.

• Joanie
    Joanie

It couldn't of turned out better for you.......the frame and where you placed it.......Voila!!