My Awful Bathroom Cabinets

Our house was a rental before we bought it. All the cabinets were original and in pretty bad shape. I'm on a tight budget so I thought I would refinish them, got it all stripped and stained, and the 3 doors were all different colors. (O no..)
Before
Before
bathroom cabinets makeover, bathroom ideas, painted furniture
Wasn't really sure what to do... until I was looking through some of the ideas on Hometalk.
There was only the shelves on each end so I cut and stained two extra boards one to cover the plumbing coming out of the sink one to bridge the gap between the shelves and cover the baskets on the bottom. .. I was surprised how well it turned out.

• Janet Mitschow Lauer

How do you strip the old cabinets? And do you Prime before painting

• Phyllis Nolan

How do I strip cabinets and do I have to prime.
    Can I paint without stripping

• Debbie

I have never tried to paint without stripping off the old. It's an extra step and can be alot of work but I've always thought it makes the cabinets(or whatever ) look more professional. I used a Walmart can of stripper. But the stain I used on my cabinet was the Gel Stain from Lowes since the wood wasn't real wood but pressed wood.

• Linda Thomas Hamil

How did u strip the cabinets I have old cabinets need a bug face lift and don't have a lot of money to do it can u explain how to do that please.

Bblessings Linda