How to Paint Plastic Outdoor Furniture

These plastic adirondack chairs were headed to the dump until I intercepted. They were exactly what I needed and with a little fresh paint they are the perfect chairs for a quiet spot under the trees.
While driving out of my neighborhood I spotted these chairs up on my neighbors driveway next to the garbage can. They hadn't been taken down to the curb for trash day yet, but they looked like they were headed there. I knocked on my neighbors door and asked if she was throwing the chairs away. She said she didn't have room in their moving truck and had just bought them last year. She gladly gave them to me. I was thrilled!
I hosed them off and gave them two quick coats of white spray paint.
Rust-oleum ultra cover works great on plastic outdoor furniture. It has paint and primer in one and the coverage worked like a charm on these chairs. Satin finish works best; from prior experience the gloss finish doesn't hold up as well to the outside elements.
Allow paint to dry before spraying the second coat. Thankfully this paint dries very quickly.
I placed these chairs under some beautiful trees right above the creek.
It's the perfect spot to sit and drink a glass of lemonade and listen to the birds and the creek trickle by.

Amy

• Mary from the Garden

How many chairs will one tin cover

• Kay

Are theese chairs plastic or wood? Would I be able to paint plastic ones? I have some white plastic ones. If I can, what type if paint should I use, plus will I need to sand and or prime them first. Many thanks in advance for this. Kay Adelaide Australia
    • Kay

Re gsrding my question, I have just noticed, that the chairs are in fact plastic after all. Sorry for the miss sight. Kay Adelaide Australia
  • Sue

Where did you get box that says Pepsi

• Nancyganther

.Yes, I'll be trying it. I have the chairs and the rustoleum paint for the project. I've found the Mr. Clean sponges work well if you have mildew or mold on them.
  • Joanie

A can of paint does wonders.......this looks so relaxing.