Sherry R
Sherry R
  • Lubbock, TX
Asked on Jan 27, 2013

Found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser. Dresser is missing. Purchased 3 gorgeous drawers and need ideas

Haskin3130EtetZest it Up
+199

I found these beautiful drawers (no clean-up or touch up needed) perfect condition.
For some reason, I couldn't walk away. Just one of those pieces that screamed "take me home" So cheap I couldn't resist. The top two are the same but the bottom drawer is deeper. The photos show them stacked against my bedroom wall. These can be anything from storage to plant container. I really love the shabby chic and can see a plant in the top. Really....... need some ideas for support and decorating. Probably do second one full of magazines. Thanks for looking.
q found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser dresser is missing, cleaning tips, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling
  • Barb Rosen

Sherry, I just saw some window boxes made from old drawers on Pinterest. Here's the web link http://tatertotsandjello.com/2012/09/great-ideas-20-home-diy-projects-to-make-now.html

q found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser dresser is missing, cleaning tips, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling, web link
  • Tammy@Deja Vue Designs

I think they look really cool hanging on the wall for shelves. They make really good under bed storage too...but these are way to pretty for that! If they are all the same size...you could build a custom book shelf just especially for them! :)

• Judith F

Saw a new post this morning, from hometalk on this very thing.

• The Robin's Nest

If you can find any old french provincial style table legs you could make a neat table with a few of them, maybe even a tiered table using 2 drawers stacked/staggered and separated by spindles. Maybe a serving tray or buffet table tray from the smaller ones? adding handles on the sides so that you can pick up and move it. So many creative things to do with them. And I agree, I couldn't have walked away either, I just LOVE the FP look and curved details. very nice find!!

• Claire @ The Rustic Pig

Check out my project I did with drawers from a dresser we couldn't salvage either...http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/01/17/something-old-something-new-part-2/

• If you are a crafter or sewer you could put different items pertaining to one project in each drawer, then tote the drawer to your work area to start your project, when done load you items back and stack with the other two. Might make incredibly sweet pet bed with a pad as well.

• Kimberly Barney

I like the idea of using them for storage and shelving. You could put hinged covers on the drawers so that they could be used for storage and the cover will act as a shelf for displays. They could be hung as floating shelves on the wall.

• Marie Powell

you can put casters on them and use them for storage under your bed

• love the window box idea - or you could make a dog bed from one

• Sherry R

I love all the ideas especially storage. I live in 60 yr. old house with very little built in storage. I have lots of extra towels, magazines and wanted a place with easy access. I've filled them with stuff and topped it off with my favorite books, a nice candle and a few bonsai plants. Pictures are being uploaded. Thanks for looking. Further suggestions are welcome.

• Sherry R

These new photos show the room "AFTER" the

q found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser dresser is missing, cleaning tips, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Loaded the shelves with magazines books and lower drawer holds about 15 towels I have access to my favorite throw and my books are near the bed This compliments the FP dresser I purchased several years ago see other photoq found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser dresser is missing, cleaning tips, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling, I pulled the drapes back with a tie to expose lighting on both sides of my bed Added plants on both sides of the roomq found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser dresser is missing, cleaning tips, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling, This dresser was purchased at an auction for 50 then painted creamy white to match the marble top Very good quality furniture I hit the jack pot on this purchase Triple dresser with marble top No damage just changed the color
  • Cheryl Sinclair

Build a frame for the bottom of the drawer. Find some frenchy looking legs (Home Depot), attach them to the frame, paint to match the drawer, purchase foam and upholster for a cute, cute bench!! I've been looking for drawers to do this exact thing! Be sure and post the finished item...no matter what you choose...would love to see it!

• P.j. C

@Cheryl Sinclair I was thinking the same thing, but with a hinged top to provide storage.

• Patricia Brining

These would be great with roller on them for under bed storage!

• Jeanette S

There is one place for storage most people never think of and that is under the sofa! I once had a rather large, ornate mirror I was not sure where I wanted to put it, but I need to get it out of harms way...so under the sofa in the living room it went! If you put these on plyboard and attach small casters, they can be rolled under the sofa for those magazines, knitting, etc. Since these are rather deep but shallow, this would be a perfect place for them!

• Andrea S

Bedside tables from the 2 that are the same, you can get long tapered or turned legs from the building supply store. The deeper one can be a storage tray or a breakfast server tray on the bench at the foot of the bed in the same room. Or you can make a small coffee table with a glass top and store interesting antique looking collectibles in it (skeleton keys, vintage pocket and wrist watches, or a Bible opened on a nice page if you have a pretty antique one).

• Bernice H

@Andrea S bedside tables ..awesome idea! just buy some legs ...wow! good idea!

• Wabbitears

I think using dowels inserted in the corners mounting them as they are pictured with space in-between and using them inside a closet to keep something like pajamas or gowns (even houseshoes) could provide a designated space for something you have yet to store, plus it would look fabulous. Even, divide the drawers space for small items like underwear, to color coordinate them. I would fill them with a high turnover item so dust wouldn't be a problem.

• Sherry R

Thanks for your idea.

• Barbara Aubrey

I'd paint with Marine Paint the inside of at least one of the drawers to make it water resistant and use the drawer for my indoor plants especially in winter when I bring in many that need winter protection. Another I would paint the inside with chalkboard paint and hang in the garage with a shelf for chalk - I'd work in a few hooks off the front, now bottom for shopping bags and keys. And finally I'd hang one on the fence with the front of the drawer like a mini roof and the back of the drawer a shelf for flower pots or do the same indoors with a large black and white checked cloth covering the bottom of the drawer that is now next to the wall and paint the rest of the drawer black featuring a plant or vase of flowers on the shelf created by the back of the drawer.

• Margaret Adamski

I was thinking after I stare this picture. I was think Why not you put under the bed. Additional wood board and make a dresser into wood? Save $ instead of buy whole wood dresser under bed?

• Margaret Adamski

@Margaret Adamski I have another idea. Add the wheels for bottom. Adding to make holder Rest of 3 drawer for bathroom. put clean towels, washcloth fillig in drawers. Additional wood holder under drawers. Perfume in drawer top... second drawer for wash cloths in drawer.. third drawing large towels.

• AvonelleRed

I would add some support to the undersides, then buy or make some legs to the bottom. On one, add a hinged lid, and you can use it for a cute little writing desk. On the deepest one, just use short legs, add a hinged lid, and then put some covered foam on it, and use it as a bench with storage. For the last one, add some legs, build a box around it and a way for the drawer to actually work as a drawer, and make a nice foyer or sofa table out of it.

• Donna Murphy

I've seen drawers cut down and mounted on the wall as decorative shelves.

• Sheryll S

Headboard.....

• Mcgypsy9

I love the way you have them sitting on the floor. I would add wood inside the two bottom drawers to make them higher from each other and I would let each one sit just the way you have them pictured above, add plants to the top one and maybe a book, some knick knacks, doily or whatever you have on hand to the 2 below. You might have to brace the top one on the back with some long legs or a full piece of wood. They are very pretty! Just another idea and hopefully you can see this: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/95/d9/59/95d959bab0200d3d460a6f5d6f8a9df6.jpg

• Riki Batchbaum

attach 4 legs and make a mini bar, maybe 4 legs with wheels/coasters

• Jackie I

Add some support inside each corner and put some nice turned wood legs then turn it over and use it as a table! I don't know what the bottom of the drawer looks like but if you need to add a wood top I would stain them a dark color and match them with the legs.

• Anecia Price

I would put legs on each and cut them in graduated sizes, so each drawer (now table) will be a bit shorter... Just like nesting tables.Then paint the insides or put a pretty wallpaper inside. Once thats done, fill them with family trinkets, and place a beveled glass top over each. You'll end up with a beautiful way to display your treasures that is still a functional piece of furniture. They would be especially pretty if you placed each table angled under the next, like a spiral staircase.

• Karen Kay Babineaux

Turn them upside down and make tables out of them buy wooden legs and sand restain or paint! You could also make deep shelves out of them.

• Cyndie S

Add casters for pretty under bed shoe storage.

• Sandra Walker

I Love the coffee table idea. I've seen it done before, and if you paint two of them and maybe replace the handles (only if you want to) and go to a flea market and find some old good things to put inside it, it would look beautiful. Either paint or use a solid color wallpaper on the inside to make it really pop. And don't forget the legs. They make so many different kinds now. You could even put little wheels on the bottom of the legs to roll it up against the wall if you don't have enough room when company comes by.

• Mikki.fish

Not sure how old this post is but here is an idea; i could see them mounted (in a corner on cast iron wall brackets and use them to put your crystal in ,like wine glasses , antique cocktail shaker...essentially using it as a bar but not have it cluttered try) in the kitchen or den let us know what you end uo doing have fun Mikki Fish, Londom ONtario,Canada

• Sarita

Can you use them under bathroom or kitchen cabinets as an under-cabinet drawer?

• Suzette T

The second I glanced at these drawers I went nuts. For I have two whole dressers exactly matching your drawers.Bed room Furniture set I inherited from my grandmother. I love the tall dressers top has three drawers and bottom has four. With the bottom being like yours a little deeper then rest. Now I am wondering what I should do with whole thing. It's been just a dresser for so long. How incredibly odd to come across your treasure find, for I completely agree they are so uniquely shabby chic. Thank you so much for sharing.

• Bettyann Alvino Richards

I see them as shelves turn em upside down and stack em

• Paula Edmonds

When I first saw the last photo I thought you attached them to the wall and made shelves..I think they would be good storage -spaced & attached to the wall.

• Patricia Howard

@Sherry R I would paint them, add some small rollers on the bottom, and use them for under the bed storage for my shoes, or out of season sweaters in the summer.

• Jeannie Andrews

The drawers are beautiful. I have a sideboard that needs some of the handles replaced, do you have a source for these era of drawer handles?

• Life on Morgan

Patricia Howard...I was thinking the same thing:) Great minds!

• Lise Morrison

Easily used for a coffee table. Get legs and use the inside for treasures and top with a piece of oversized glass. Oh and line the drawer with vintage wallpaper.

• LauraC

@Sherry R depending on how ambitious you are these drawers could be turned into a kitchen island of drawers, move-able with casters installed. Home Depot has large glued up pine tops/sides that could be used for the cabinet then drawer glides installed. May need additional pine for bracing/structure. Not necessarily the easiest project but a possibility.

• Adrianne C

Perhaps you could put a hinged top and legs on them, like a writing desk.

• Eric Turner

Have depth cut down, add tops and make floating shelves, Refinish to suit your home.

• Rosie Walsh

A neighbor just gave me a drawer on casters for under bed storage. It was too tall so I took off the casters and used felt floor protector pads, six of them. Slides beautifully. I have hardwoods. If you have carpet you can get 'silicone' type round discs with adhesive backing. Think I got the package I used at the Dollar Tree. Now wishing for several more drawers!

• Edna-Grace

Wish I had them. I would use the deeper one as the middle section turned so the handles would hang down. Secure each of the others to the sides of the big drawer matching their back ends to the sides of the big drawer. Add a cleat across all three so that it could be fasten to the partner cleat on the wall. Add cup hooks in various places to hang jewelry. etc. The middle drawer would accommodate necklaces, etc. The two handles hanging down on that drawer could hold scarves.

• Terra Gazelle

I would love them for storage under my bed. Put castors on them and make them easy to pull out and push back. How wonderful they are.

• Vicki Pemberton

I've seen people use drawer fronts to hand on the wall to hang jewelry and scarves on, after they've added really cool knobs

• Lorraine depaolo st.george

you could simply use as shelves...use strong shelf brackets

• The Micro Gardener - Anne

These drawers are stunning. What a find! I love repurposing items into container gardens but I would hate to see the wood degrade. My suggestion is to use each drawer as a cachepot - an outer decorative container that you line with plastic or put a shallow tray in the bottom to catch the moisture to preserve your timber. Then add your pretty pots in as you like. That way you get to enjoy the drawer without destroying it with moisture.

q found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser dresser is missing, cleaning tips, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling, This is an example of what I mean Pic via
  • Lanel Prince

How beautiful are these! I would make a island type chest for these to fit in for my pots, pans. lids etc. and make a beautiful wood top on it!

• Kathleen

Did you see the drawers turned into toy/storage boxes by adding small legs and painting then mod-podging wrapping paper inside? They are just wonderful. Twoityourself.com.

• Bonnie

How about shelving? Add long posts to attach them to the drawers to make a highboy shelf, or shorter ones for a 3-4 ft. shelf unit. Spectacular shelves, I wouldn't have passed them up, either!!

• Dolly

I would have done the same thing. So many things seem to call out to me.... How about small casters on the bottom of them and use them as under the bed or dresser storage? You may need to add 2"x2"x1/2" thick squares under the casters to give the screws something to really bite into. Turn the drawers over so bottom is facing up and glue (wood glue) the squares into each corner. Let them dry over night, then attach the casters.If you have clamps big enough, clamp the squares down,if you don't have clamps, put something heavy on each one. And I wouldn't change a thing about them. Personally I wouldn't ruin them as planters. Besides, they will only look good for maybe two seasons, then the thin drawer boards will start to decay.(After thought, if the casters are visible and you don't like that,spray paint them a coordinating color or gold or silver?)

• Judy marks

They should be displayed somehow, not hidden under bed. Use as some type of shelves hung under each other with significant vases, etc or even books. I like them.

• Brenda Costner

would make cute pet bed

• Dolly

You know, Judy does make a good point.The reason you bought them was for their beauty, so they should be displayed. Under the bed is still a good idea, but maybe for a more generic style.How about a coffee table with the two same size ones on top with glass over them and fill them with momentous from your travels and the bigger one on the bottom for storage. You can still see all of the beautiful features that drew you to them in the first place. This is a hard one, good luck ;>)

• CQ

Put wooden tops on the two similar drawers, add sturdy legs and make benches out of them. If you attach the tops with hinges (they can even serve as extra storage).Use the third to make a simple coffee table for the benches or as a decorative shelving unit.

• Debra

I had spares as well and used them for storage under my bed.

• Connie K

Oh, do I wish I had these! I recently read Jackson Galaxy's new book, Catification. It showed a "cat tree" multi-level climber made from drawers of a chest. It was awesome, looked great with decor and its a super place for the cats to rest, look out the window or just chill. |Certainly nothing like the carpet covered ones you see in the stores. It is the only climber I've ever seen that used drawers, and it was so nice looking. However, useless idea when you don't have a cat! I've seen lots ideas on several sites using drawers but needless to say that's been over time so can't recall the sites. Have you done searches here on Hometalk or HGTV's site, Houzz, Apartment Therapy, or even a search on your preferred search engine. I have had that work for me several times. These are so pretty that I hope you find a use that displays them. If you have some wall space that needs decorating I love the idea of hanging them on the wall (drawer bottom against wall) then using them as display shelves. You can add shelves inside to hold additional items and also, a framed photo hung on the back and then other items on shelves make a really attractive collection of items that view as one decorative piece. Be sure to post photos of the "After".

• Alex B.

A friend of mine had the same dilemma, and this is what she did: removed the backs of the two matching drawers, secured them together (back to back), painted the sides and interior to match the "fronts," found a set of four short table/dresser legs, and got a sheet of glass to cover the open top. Now she's got a great coffee table that displays seasonal decor! I honestly think whatever you do with them will be wonderful - what a great find!

• Wendy Blevins

I love the idea of hanging on wall as shelves. I seen it awhile ago and always on lookout for some cool drawers to try it with.

• Graciana

Add shelves to the interiors of the drawers (and paint to match, as well as hide your hardware/nails/screws). Take the matching top and middle drawer and mount them back to back (like wings) and use the bottom drawer above the other two to make a "faux" curio cabinet. If you fill the shelves with heavy items like books, be sure your shelves and your brackets are sturdy enough to support the weight. I would recommend using these shelves for candles, knick-knacks, framed pictures and other pretty pieces that don't have significant weight to them. I would also put of pretty piece of sprawling greenery on top of the "winged" pieces and accent it with one or two small groupings of candles, vintage bottles, framed pictures or other small items that I want to bring focus to. Since the bottom drawer is deeper than the top two, (depending on how much deeper it is, the arrangement may end up looking top-heavy) it may look a little odd positioned above the two more shallow winged drawers. If this is the case, see my next post.

• Graciana

Use the deeper, bottom drawer as a focal point by removing the front from the rest of drawer, and mounting it to the wall facing forward (like a ledge shelf). Use a couple small sections of 2x4 wood mounted to the back to give yourself a 4+ inch gap between the wall and the front of the drawer. Load this "ledge shelf" with some sprawling, vine-like greenery and mount a piece of art, a picture or a mirror above it (or a collage of smaller, vintage mirrors and framed photographs). For a cool touch, add a faux "lock" plate to the front of the drawer (you can find a faux lock plate at most craft stores in the "metal findings" or jewelry making aisle) and hang an old brass skeleton key (hanging on a string or a tassel) from one of the handles on the front of the drawer.

• Curtis Mikolaiczik

I see a glass topped foyer table!

• Ter1265878

I can see night stands ,get some fancy legs and mirror for tops ta da !!u

• L.D

On an entertaining website,they displayed a drawer full of cookies ,it looked great! I want to do that sometimes,one of these drawers would be perfect.

• Carrie Krumrie

I have a couple of drawers under my sofa.....it has a skirt around it......then I just put the children's books, crafts, desk items in there......stored in the living room.....then when the grands come over......slid it right out.....play, slid it back under!!!

• Carmela Taglialavore

You could use them to display plants (if you re into gardening) Just be sure to have dishes under plants to catch water. The bottom one appears to have some type of dividers in it. Maybe use that one to display and organize jewelry on a wall in your bedroom. Just add good strong hooks on the back and hang the drawer flat on the wall after you paint it to match the room first.

• JoAnn

The options are endless. You can make pet beds, cut some of the drawer off and close back end up and mount on wall as a book shelf. Doorway table... shadow box...it could be mounted on a chest-of-drawers use it as a changing table...

• Lindcurt

I had a drawer with a serpentine front. My husband took the bottom off and trimmed off a 4" strip. Then he cut the side boards off at 4" . Re-assembled the bottom, sides, and back board to the front piece so it is now a 4" deep drawer. Drilled a whole in the bottom to accommodate a power strip and hung it on a wall near an outlet. It is used as a charging station for all the phones in the house. None are allowed in the bedroom at night. I like the coffee table ideas too. A drawer would not be sturdy enough to make a bench. Well, not in my house any way. The drawers under the sofa are a great idea too. Puts toys right where the kids can reach them.

• Heliane Ripley

Do you have pets? they would make great pet beds, elegant enough to go anywhere in the house. Buy foam, cut it to size and cover it with fabric. Add some short legs and voila, you got a doggy bed fit for the most spoiled pooch.

• Dee

On Interest I saw drawers made into window boxes. They were altered to fit the windows but in the end ... they were really lovely. My MIL made a drawer into a coffee table with a hinged top.

• Dana D

Flagged by ACCIDENT!!!!

• Ouita Colleen Jones

I see a storage ottoman on rollers.

• Carol Ann

I like the idea of night stands, but instead of mirror tops use glass. Then you could display items inside.

• Sj Grossman

Use them as steps

• Polly Andrews

put casters on corners and use for under bed storage

• Inetia

You didn't give dimensions of the drawers, but I can totally see these up-cycled to wooden valances, individually or combined for a larger window.

• Eva M Frew

Ace, absolutely lovely,

• Charli

Lol. .. I rescued a set of four from a neighbor awhile back. I was going to make planters but the bottoms are not sturdy enough to hold soil so they're still stacked in my shed! Need to figure out a use soon ... Need the space!

• Rose Lineberry

You could hang one on the wall add thin finishing nails driven in part way to hold necklaces while the bottom is like a shelf and holds bracelets and rings or ring boxes. The curve adds interest to the hanging length. You could even add a plexi-glass door with hinges at the bottom ro keep jewelry dust free. A glass shelf could also be added the width of the drawer if it isn't very wide. Make sure it is tempered glass if you use glass.

• Susan Bechamp

If your kitchen has enclosed soffits you could put the drawers to use in the soffits and gain some storage

• Gloria Hayes

put the two matching ones butted together with the backs removed and the curved ends at opposite ends from each other. Attach plywood to the bottom. then anchor legs to this. Finally, cover inside with velvet and place a thick glass over the top....SHADOW BOX COFFEE TABLE! Display those seashells and driftwood from your beach vacation. Dad's love letters from WWII to Mom and their 1945 engagement pictures; wedding,and honeymoon... Christmas ornaments and cards from long ago at Christmas time....and pictures of your parents, you and your little brother or sister beside the tree - I'm sure by now you get the picture !

• Linda Cabler

You could add legs to the bottom one and a separation leg in between the other two and have a nice storage unit for the bathroom to store towels and toiletries.

• Lesley Cameron

With small wheels at each corner underside, they could roll under a bed 'in a horizontal row' – or another piece of furniture, front showing, for storage. (They are wonderful!)

• Grainne

Put legs on them and maybe little casters/wheels. They would be great for storage or coffee table, maybe with a glass top.

• Andrea

I couldn't pass up either.....awesome

• Barbara

Since storage is always an issue at our home, I'd put furniture gliders on the bottoms, paint or stain to fit our color sheme and use for underbed storage. Really nice find!

• Rosie Walsh

@Barbara - your idea of using furniture gliders is excellent. The units sold as underbed storage with casters are often too tall to fit. Simple to unscrew the casters and apply glides though.

• Bobbie

I use extra drawers for storage under the beds or couch. I one in the back of my SUV to hold odds and ends (gloves, paper towels, window cleaner, etc)

• Cathy C

I've got smaller drawers hung on my walls for shelves

• Denise

If you want a planter, affix it to reclaimed wood or pallet pieces, then attach to the wall or posts, if its going to be outside. I like the underbed storage ideas, too. Can never have enough storage!

• Cindy tustin

I got 3 beautiful drawers from a new to you for 2.00 a piece beautiful fronts and pulls added casters and use under my day bed for storage.

• Creative chic

Those are beautiful, I would hate to see them hiding underva bed. If Your not a DIYer or don't know one who could build a three drawer stand for them to be a dresser again, I would for sure show them of. I can't tell how big or long they are from the pics but you could be cteative and instead of doing the drawer on the wall for shelving or for storage, if the sixe is not too long, put casters or legs and turn them in opposite directions and make a sg elving unit. I have dobe that, actually collected a ton of drawers and was making a few once so many seen the one I made. If there too long width wise you can go with just two of them and make a shevling/ table on casters and do the other one as a shelf, just put in a couple pieces of boards to give it a couple layers or do different sizes of units inside of it to put pictures and kinck knacks on.

• Mary

Turn them bottom side up, finish the bottoms, stagger them like you have them in the picture, attach legs and voila! Nesting tables.

• Priscanello

cut a piece of wood for the top and add spindle legs for a coffee table, would be very pretty.

• Melissa

Someone on Pintrest stacked 'em like you did and made 'em planters. Adorable...

• Sally-Charles Evans

I would hang them on the wall, handles up, and display something from vacation in them. Or maybe shelves for small books. Hmmmm.......

• Pamela Pianfetti

Check this out - I like the idea!

• Ali's Wood Be Rescues

I would take the face of the drawers n make a shadow box table. You can cut the one to make the sides of the table. All depending on how long the drawers are. They're really great looking. Please share after your finished.

• Jeannierose

How about hanging it handles down on the wall in kitchen or bath and adding shelf/shelves to interior. You can use handles to hang towels on.

• Mary

Wall hung desk with others as wall storage

• Eva

I wish!

• HouseLogic.com

You can create box shelving!

• Colette

What did you decide? I would love to see pics!

• Maria S

I had drawers left over from a tall chest of drawers I cut short to use for a bathroom vanity and I put wheels on them and put them under a bed for storage. The bed doesn't have a dust ruffle so the pretty handles and paint treatment I did on them can still be seen. It's perfect for extra linens or out-of-season clothing!

• Creative chic

Maria S. I also refurbish drawers for that also. You're right, if your drawers have details on tg e face plate, you can paint and decorate them the same theme as the room the bedroom is there going under, I suggested making the shelving so they will be seen and out in the open for all to see, I am waiting in anticipation to see what you gave decided to do with them so please let us all know when you have!! Stay Colorful!!

• Julie Andrews

How to mod podge a plastic chair with paper or fabric?

• Mona

Love the idea!

• Ellen

They make GREAT dog beds....put small rounded feet on the bottom to raise it up, then insert a big comfy pillow for the bed! You can paint it first as well to match your decor!

• Sue Sanders

My husband took a drawer made a frame for it and added necessary gliders and put a top on it. Then bought two legs at Lowe's and fastened this to the front of drawer then fastened the back of drawer to the wall (no back legs) I purchased a, square on bottom but rounded on top,mirror at a glass company, cut to my specifications to put over the table. This was installed about four inches lower butted next to my sink cabinet in our bathroom and with the addition of lights above the mirror it is my makeup table. He shortened a bar stool for me to sit on. I use it every morning and the drawer stores all that I need,, make up, nail files, pencil liners, face powder, combs etc He also put in an electrical socket for my dryer, curling iron, or curling set. By being lower than sink cabinet my feet are flat on the floor.

• Colleen

I also thought of a pet bed...would be awesome!

• Sue Sanders

If I can get my daughter to show me how...I will. Not that computer literate...yet.

• Vicki Pemberton

I've also seen a bookcase made from them

• Beverly Shorter

I have the full dresser /chest with the same drawers. Need to post a pic here for ideas!!

• Lin2233343

You could get dolls from the hardware store and make a shelving unit out of it

• Carol

Use dowels from hardware store. But your spelling gave me the idea of mounting on the wall, curved tops up like top of frame, & display favorite or antique dolls in it! Thanks for the inspiration!

• John Systermans

nope

• Suzette T

Like Beverly above Ialsohavethe entire 7 drawer dresser. It's part of my grandmother's wedding bed set. Two matching headboards two matching dressers. I keep seeing this post of someone who has three drawers. Has this topic been resolved yet? What did the original poster do with the three drawers? Can we see what you decided to do?

• Donna Bavaro-Kennell

turn them upside down and screw into the wall for shelves?

• Brenda Kingston

Pet beds? Add legs and cushions?

• Chris pranger

I love my old dresser drawer i bought for shelving. But i took them and added a shelf in the drawer and then hung them opening out on the wall screwing them into the wall from the drawer bottom. So the opening is out and there is now a shelf.

• Valerie

Add casters and use for under bed or under sofa storage. I store my DVDs in a box ( could use a drawer) under my sofa.

• Gladys

A cabinet frame could be built by a talented person, cabinet maker, or furniture restorer.

• Moo2575563

You could add a top and legs to make a table or three. Accent tables for a living room or night tables for a bedroom. (Glass or wood tops) If you hinge the back of the drawer it could be used for storage or make a hinged top. A glass top would give you the option of using it as a display table for cool nature finds like driftwood, rocks, etc. Alternatively you could make padded chairs out of them with a back or just turn it into a unbacked stool. Or a chair and two accent tables. You'd need to find the right legs to make the set match. You could also make a footstool (ottoman) out of one by adding a padded top and short ornate legs from old couches etc. Hinged again to allow for use as storage as well. They are gorgeous drawers. Let us know what you end up doing. I'm intrigued.

• Tamara Kruger Jerabek

Some ideas

• Jan Loehr

Would also make wonderful pet beds if you add feet to bottoms! Put pillows with matching blankets inside and a dog or cat would love it!

• Cathey DeRosa

I have a really nice drawer and hung it on a wall and use it to display collected items. I get alot of compliments. I didn't do a thing to it.

• Diana Deiley

I like the pet bed suggestions myself. Adding ball feet with gliders might add a nice touch also. Endless possibilities! Have fun being creative! Enjoy your find.

• Chipp47

SOON AS I SAW THESE..ALL I COULD THINK OF WAS ...STAIRS..COULD ONE USE JUST THE FACE PANEL TO FRONT ALREADY EXISTING STAIRS??????

• Emily Sells

shelves

• Peggy

I also have some very ornate drawers but no dresser. I was planning on fitting them with plywood lids attached with piano hinges. Add some padding,fabric. and sofa legs and they will be seating and storage. The display shelf idea is good for the shallower top drawers.

• Wayne Miller

I love the drawers!! The first thing that came to mind for me were unique Shadow box shelves..You could paint the insides a pop of color or even use chalkboard paint.. Then create wood shelves on the inside. Do this in the two smaller drawers and hang them up long ways next to each other with the decorative fronts and handles away facing out.. Next decide on a shelf insert layout size. You could make them random sizes or a couple uniform shelves that match.., This would be great above a couch in a living room, or used in a bathroom for rolled towels, or bath salts, sponges, wash clothes, etc. Another option is adding mirror to the insides, maybe in mosaic mirror form and then adding the shelves in front of the mirrors... Stage the shelves with flameless candles, small books, air ferns, etc... Two more suggestions would be to hang the mirrored shaddow box shelves above a buffet in a dining room or eating area and stage with small plates, dishes, etc. or build it out as the backdrop shelf to a home bar for hanging wine glasses and a couple shelves for your drink of choice...

• IRENE

Top twin drawers could be screwed into wall as nightstands; add lamp, book, plant, etc. Looks like you have towels in large bottom drawer. will it fit on top of bathrm counter or add medium height legs and add near a tub or shower filled with fresh towels, candle, jar of bath salts, plant, etc...spa accessaries.

• Leslie

I was just looking at a post for a tiered cat bat/ tree using old drawers on HomeTalk :) All the above ideas are great too :) You Won't Believe What My Customer Did With Old Drawers. | Homet

• Shari Zarnstorff

I collect old drawers often. We use vanity drawers for the baby's toy box. A desk drawer for dog toys. Dresser drawer as his bed. I have some stacked up and screwed together for a plant stand ones on the wall as shelves/ shadow boxes, I have put castors on three for under bed storage that is a little more me...endless possibilities.

• Anita Guess

You could put legs on one, attach 2 hinges on back with a piece of wood so that the top lifts. Refinish the whole thing to make a game table(paint checkerboard on top) store game pieces inside. Or make a small desk.

• Amykattech

Put wheels on them n use for roll away storage

• Snooks1948

You could ad boards inside to make shelves.. both horizontal or vertical. then hang them on the wall.

• Sandy Hartnett

Wonderful idea! Hugs

• Pamela Baker

put final legs on them and use them for extra blankets or pillows at the foot of beds, or use for guest to put clothes in while visiting without having to clear out extra drawers and then use for blankets after they leave

• Pamela

Put small rollers on each corner and use for under the bed storage containers that is pretty showing under the bed. ( could also paint or stain to match your bed.) You could also hinge a lightweight paneling on top or cut cardboard..cover with pretty wallpaper or shelf lining cutting to overlap a bit in back in order to keep dust off items inside.

• Marcia Strode

@Pamela I definitely recommend the hardboard cover, if you have pets--my cats loved to snuggle in mine until I did so. Never did hinge mine, though & never seemed to be a problem--made it easy just to sit the lid aside & out of the way.

• Ali4552652

They make great pet beds

• Rosie Walsh

@Ali.stephens I have one under bed storage drawers that I've tried to use for out of season clothing. Fail, because my little dog scrabbles everything around and makes a nest. Arrgghh. Thanks for the idea. I'm going to convert the box to a pet bed. One big advantage of doing this will be that I can sprinkle Borax on the bedding..........use it for flea control. Grateful, Rosie

• Ali4552652

🤗👍🏼

• Merise Kenyon Hetherington

Add legs and padding. Va la, a foot stool!

• Carol

I think I would cut them down and build a box to mount them on the walls as floating shelves. One would definitely go in my bathroom with a towel bar underneath it.

• Rhonda Miller

Turn them upside down and use as shelves. U could cut them down to look more like shelves.

• Sandra

They are very pretty. Put wheels on the bottom and use them under a bed for storage.

• Tiffani Taylor

Add legs and hinges on the front to make a bedside table. Or put something interesting inside, join then, cover w/ glass for a unique coffee table.

• Trudy Coyle

You could make a lovely little writing desk by adding legs and a hinged top, use a second one on shorter legs for a matching bench seat, or put a fancy mirror on the back of desk part for a make up vanity, bench seating for the foot of your bed.?

• Anita Elaine

I sometimes add a thin shelf halfway, stand them so the belled center is up. Mounted on the wall to become shelving. I tend to paper the bottom (that becomes the back of the shelves) so it will look more like a painting hanging on the wall.

• JoAnn

They are awesome. I guess it would depend on what you plan on doing with the end result? Are you keeping them, selling them?? You could cut them in half and make the depth shorter, mount them on the wall and use them as book shelves. Add legs to them, put a glass top on, you could display cherished items. Pet beds... Foot stools, castors on the bottom and use them as under the bed storage. I can see a bench using them, add as drawers for storage, you could use a bed frame as the bench frame.

• Teri

If you put legs or wheels on it and kept it open, you could make party game storage Cards, poker chips, table cloth for some card games, dice, maybe small games like yatzee and small electronic pass around games, etc. Top drawer could be decorative items. Or close the drawers and make game boards on both sides of the top.

• Drusilla Willhite

On Better Homes and Gardens site they use drawers like this, paint them, mount on the wall for a headboard that has storage.

• Jennie Lee

Please reconsider your idea! I can't imagine storing paper printed reading materials beneath living plants! I'm afraid water will ruin your magazines! I am glad you have the desire to rescue beautiful things, though!

• Dunham Design Company

Those are great. I think I would (if they were mine) cut the drawers about 6 inches back leaving the whole front intact and attach them to the wall as a shallow box to maybe put plants in or mason jar vases, maybe group them on the wall and turn one or two into a shelf. There are so many possibilities. Make sure to let us all know what you decide to do with them.

• Cecile Whyte

I too just found 6 drawers no dresser. Some of the ideas above are what I had planned for them. One of my daughter is into jewelry making and is using an area in her bedroom that we're redoing. I'm painting 2 of them, adding screw eye hooks at different height for hanging. I will hang it vertically and use the side as a shelf for some of her supplies. The one I'm keeping are going in my sewing room as display for some of my supplies and or my textile art pieces. Please show us what your final idea.

• Rhonda S

I can imagine these in a girl's room as wall shelves. With the curved edge up and added shelving boards these would be perfect for knick knacks paperback books or other small items. The deeper one of course could hold larger items.

• Rhonda S

Another idea for at least the deeper one would be a wall mounted dollhouse. You would need shelves for each floor of the house and dividers for each room. This could be really cute.

• Debbie Lawson

I saw an article about what to do with orphaned drawers such as these. The writer of the article used them for planter boxes on the outside of her Windows. I can't remember if they just cut them back in the depth or if they took the front off and attached them to actual planter boxes. I am sure whatever you choose to do it will be lovely Good luck.

• 62q10370829

put legs on them & set at end of bed for extra place to set extra blankets & pillows

• Drusilla Willhite

I have seen drawers mounted on the wall for a headboard for a bed, kind of like different size shelves.

• Anita Elaine

With 3, I would mount two back to back so the curve is on outside and the third would be on top. I wallpaper the interior and add cross planks inside to make it into a really flashy wall unit. (Sorry I have no pics, mine sold off recently when I offered items for sale before moving to a new house.)

• Ruth hilden

How about under bed storage

• Kim Mitchell

Put legs on it. Put a hinged top on it and use it as storage table.

• Sherry Sue

Put wheels on the bottom and use for storage under the bed. Priceless!

• Sherry Hunter

Take the two of the same height, remove the part of the backs that would make it too wide, join together to make display/glass covered coffee table. (Would have to add legs and do some painting to blend sides and legs with fronts). Cut down depth of third drawer, add a back & supports, turn upside down and mount on wall as decorative shelf.

• Bro10391462

I agree with under bed storage with either use wheels or what i love sliders. if you use sliders use a good size ones .

• Aly2576241

You could fill them with a foam cushion and stuffing , wrap them in your fabric of choice, add sturdy legs and reinforce the bottom and voila! You have yourself brand new bench seats for indoor or outdoor use!

• And7921339

Add a cushion and make it a dog bed

• Kellie Collins

make it into a table with a drawer for bedside, vanity, living room, entry way/foyer, wherever! build a sort of table for it to slide into and put legs on it. i like that you'd have a table top to put things on (a lamp etc), but also a drawer for storage space. beautiful drawer fronts - i would hate to hide them or put them out of sight! :)
  • Kellie Collins

dying to know what you ended up doing with these pretty drawers!
  • Zest it Up

You could put it outside and use it as a super cute planter box! I've used an old drawer to even make a pet bed! See how I did it here: http://zestitup.com/diy-fur-lined-kitty-bed/

I hope this gives you some inspiration! If you want a live tutorial on how to make the pet bed, tune in LIVE on Hometalk's Facebook page next Tuesday (Feb 21st) at 12pm PST!
  • Etet

What nifty wall shelves! YouTube has great ideas.....just don't hide them away!
  • Haskin3130

How funny, I'm almost sure that I have a dresser that they would fit.